All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

M/Pieces - Ligs Rico royal A3 tenor...a dark jewel

zannad

What a surprise! I've tested other rico graftonite before...I find most of them quite decent if not middle of the road - but the A3 for tenor is something else: very dark and deep...probably the darkest of my 20 tenor mouthpieces and by now one of my favourites for slow ballads.
I guess the large chamber gives the A3 that extra dark lush tone....any suggestion for similar big chamber mpcs?

ArtyLady

Great aren't they! I've got a drawer full of them - one for every occasion ;} Im using the A5 at the moment with a Vandoren ZZs (gives a bit of edge) - nice and loud, reasonably easy altissimo and low notes too :thumb:

TomMapfumo

I have a C7 which is great for contemporary music and I preferred it to the Vandoren Java T55 that I used to use.

zannad

I have a C7 which is great for contemporary music and I preferred it to the Vandoren Java T55 that I used to use.
well...i prefer my A3 to the Selmer Jazz G metal!!! (about 100 times more expensive) - the 2 apparently have both large chambers (correct me if I'm wrong on this)...the whoozines of the Selmer Jazz is missed though - now if there was a mouthpiece which could combine the depth of the A3 and that whooz of the Selmer I'd have the perfect mouthpiece for slow tempo pieces.

zannad

Great aren't they! I've got a drawer full of them - one for every occasion ;} Im using the A5 at the moment with a Vandoren ZZs (gives a bit of edge) - nice and loud, reasonably easy altissimo and low notes too :thumb:
the A5 and A7 are next on my must buy list...

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom