support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Clarinets Rico Graftonite

Joe Denis

Hello everyone, I've read a good few reports on the net about Rico Graftonite mouthpieces, a few fairly good ones and some really bad ones like throw them in the bin etc. Does anyone know anything about them or has anyone tried them. Opinions would be appreciated. Regards Joe.

To be fair, if you're going to try one, only your opinion matters. If it suits your physiognomy, then it will be good. If it doesn't then it will be bad. They're a reasonably well made plastic mouthpiece. I play a Rico metalite on clarinet.

Thanks, I've been wondering whether to try one because they're quite cheap but there is a Selmer C85 115 and a Yamaha Custom 6cl on e-bay so at the moment I'm not sure which to go for. Thanks again, regards Joe.

Thank you all for your replies and advice. I was a little bit afraid of getting something that I wasn't happy with so I've spent almost a couple of weeks researching a variety of pieces and I've finally ended up ordering a D'Addario Reserve X10E, thanks again Joe.

The Selmer HS** is a popular clarinet mouthpiece. I've played Selmer C* & C** all my life and like them a lot. My local music shop tell me that Vandoren have the clarinet mouthpiece market sewn up these days.. I have a Vandoren 5 RV that plays great. If you are just starting out, a new Yamaha 4c would be a good place to start.

Thanks for your reply Justin and thanks also to Kaiser, as I mentioned in my last post I have been doing a lot of research on the net and studied all the ones that everyone has suggested. There are quite a few used ones on e-bay and I had put several on my watch list and almost bought an HS** then I thought I'd be better off with 5RV or maybe a C85 115, I was thinking about a Graftonite but it seems that they are pitched at 440 instead of 442, then I spotted a D'Addario Reserve X10E, the E being for European or 442 apparently, it was also a good bit cheaper than some I'd seen for between £90 and £130 so I took the plunge and ordered it and it's on it's way and there's a returns policy if need be. Thanks again to all of you who for all your help and advice. Joe.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom