All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

reverb

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
Hi all. Band practice today and I'm not making the sound I want. How are you getting reverb? I am putting the tenor sax through a Sennheiser condenser bell mic and then through a mixing deck which though it is not supposed to have any fx does, somehow, but not what I want. Or I use my Boss CD900 with plenty of reverb into a keyboard amp, no effects. Its not raspy enough. What is your set up? I remember using a dynamic mic on a stand with the same kit and playing into that some time ago on alto, it seems to me to have been a better set up, but I can't see why. I am after the old rock and roll rasp.
Hope yer all good
Mike

jeremyjuicewah

Locality
Costa Blanca Spain
Hmmmmm, well Mike, you could try saxontheweb, lot of info there. Meanwhile, don't forget that eq plays a big part and if you can put a compressor in the mix you may be getting somewhere near. Suggest you take a good guitar pedal with you today, don't know if it will work, but must be worth a try. I am sure if you keep trying, you will get there. Some big bucks can be spent on this, let me know if you sort it without spending too much. Oh, and lay off the delay, you sounded a bit like a deranged duck yesterday.
Best wishes
Mike

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
This thread has me confused.

But anyway.

This clip is the tenor with a little reverb and lots of compression.

DeadAudiolink Removed

There's quite a few programmable guitar FX pedals that might bear playing around with.

I use this one http://www.alesis.com/guitarfx

Last edited:

thesaxman71

confusing indeed, Mike, are you talking about adding reverb in a live gig situation, practice situation or a recording situation?
If live then the mic you use as you said is going to the desk, and you should not need to worry about it then cos the sound guy should be able to add some in the mix there from the effects rack, if you are wanting to hear it then he will have to simply send a mix to the monitors
if you have no sound guy and it is a bunch of musicians jamming, practice or whatever then why bother with reverb, it's a jam, practice, no need :)
If you are home recording then you can add the reverb after you have recorded the sax using either some DSP, cubase plugin effects or directx plugins which can be installed and used in your sound editing software (i use sound forge with hundreds of studio quality directx plugins)

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Mike, you mention reverb. But say "rock 'n' roll rasp" is what you are looking for. Which do you want as rasp aint reverb?? One is a mixing desk effect and one is probably down to the player's ability/tone..

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom