All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Reverb in Audacity?

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
I've been messing with Audacity. Trying to help my recordings just that little bit to make it sound a bit better. Reverb I thought. Just throw in some reverb and Bob's your uncle. Fat chance... The best reverb I could get out of Audacity was rubbish: Willow Weep For Me

Do I need some kind of plugin for Audacity, or (most likely) is it just me having no capabilities what so ever when it comes to mixing sound?

Last edited by a moderator:

rudjarl

Thank's Gallen. I'll play around with it and see what comes up :)

Taz

Busking Oracle
Rune, try using these settings for your Audacity reverb.

40 - 4 - .9 - .75 - 0 - -22 - -28

They were recommended to be by c9off and I think on the whole they do a great job!
Have a play and see what you think.

rudjarl

Thank's Pete, I'll have a go with those settings.

rudjarl

Rune, try using these settings for your Audacity reverb.

40 - 4 - .9 - .75 - 0 - -22 - -28

They were recommended to be by c9off and I think on the whole they do a great job!
Have a play and see what you think.
I think it was much better. Me happy :thumb::thumb::thumb:
Willow Weep For Me_2

koumou

Some nice ideas there, sounds though as if some of your low notes don't want to come out.
Which backing track is this?

Taz

Busking Oracle
That sounds much easier on the ears than the first version. Very nicely played Rune.

rudjarl

Some nice ideas there, sounds though as if some of your low notes don't want to come out.
Which backing track is this?
Backing track is Hal Leonard. Low notes are trouble because I have to avoid loud playing. (Having trouble rigging the mic and Audacity so that I can play normally. I'm about 10 feet away from the mic but still can hardly make any sound at all... no worry... I learn how to in a lifetime or two :))

koumou

"Backing track is Hal Leonard" can you please tell me the exact book title?

OK found it, Vol.27

johnboy

Backing track is Hal Leonard. Low notes are trouble because I have to avoid loud playing. (Having trouble rigging the mic and Audacity so that I can play normally. I'm about 10 feet away from the mic but still can hardly make any sound at all... no worry... I learn how to in a lifetime or two :))
To play quietly, use a soft reed and relax the embouchure. I of course recommend sanding until low D blows easily/quietly ;}

John.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom