All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Returning to the sax after a decade!!

trinifella

Hey guys,

Just decided to pick back up my sax after a very long time away. I from Trinidad and Tobago. I still remember most of the basics but I'm looking to learn a few tricks. I only really play my sax at church with the musicians, but I know there is still alot to learn on this versatile instrument. Look forward to seeing you guys around!!! :)

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Welcome to the Madhouse!
My brother lives in Trini - you might know him! (On the grounds that everyone knows everyone there!)

Cheers,

kernewegor

Bon vivant, raconteur and twit
Hi Trinifella!

A decade's nothing - I've been away three (tho' I played other things - mainly the fool).

Once your lip and breath control are back you'll be OK.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©(also copyright here) Trinifella.

ENJOY!
™(also copyright here)

RichardSX90

I still remember most of the basics but I'm looking to learn a few tricks.
Welcome to the cafe trinifella.

Returning to the sax after a decade - there are now lots of free tips/tricks/tuition on YouTube and other sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loony Moon Hare

Welcome from me *waves* I've recently picked the sax back up after a much longer gap than 10 years and finding it much more fun this time around.

Martin

Hello neighbour...I live in Grenada.

If ever you find yourself in Prickley Bay, I play at the 'Old Boatyard' with the Barracuda Band every Friday night. We have a lot of fun...check us out...

Cheers,
Martin

saxman80

Hey Trinifella, one trick you may or may not know is Growling, as you blow into your horn, make a growling sound at the back of your throat, the higher or lower you play, you will need to adjust the tone of your growl.Let me know how you get on.
You may already be an expert growler, if so disregard this post. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom