All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Returning to Sax

Jackal293

Hello all,
I'm starting to learn Tenor sax again shortly after a long time away. I played for a bout a year in school when I was about 14 but gave up to concentrate on other things.
Now I am 37 years old and looking to buy another instrument shortly after Christmas and cannot wait to get started.
This is a really great forum and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you all and tap into some of the vast knowledge that seems to be in abundance with lots of members here.
Thanks in advance!
Carl

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Hi Carl welcome to the Café, tell us more though. Like what sax you are going to get, musical tastes, etc, etc, shoe size :))):))).

Chris...

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome to the cafe, that is what I call willpower, waiting until after Christmas;}

Jx

BigMartin

Welcome, Carl.

Hope you get a good bargain after Christmas (if Santa hasn't done his thing).

Jackal293

Hi all,I'm not really sure what to go for to be honest. I like the Yamaha 62 and would love to find a good second hand one. As this is a professional instrument, would I find it any harder to play than a 275? Would a 62 be wasted on a beginner?
any other suggestions anybody could make?
Going to wait till after Christmas as we are temporarily renting a small terrace with very thin walls and we are moving to a detached in January. I'm sure the neighbours don't want to hear me strangling a cat 2 hours every day! Plus, I will be more certain of my sax budget then.
Any advice welcome and thanks for stopping by. :)

Taz

Busking Oracle
Ah, St Albans I remember flying through Chequer Street on blues and twos when I was based at Welyn Garden City Ambulance station back in 93!

Welcome to the cafe from an ex local boy!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Carl.

Jackal? No. Politics is verboten ici.

ENJOY!​™

Jackal293

Thanks for all the kind welcomes everybody!
Old git.
Is that a Hanson in your avatar? If so, do you rate them?

Trimmy,
I'm a scouser too. Living "daarn saarff" now as I married a London lass.

trimmy

One day i will...
Trimmy,
I'm a scouser too. Living "daarn saarff" now as I married a London lass.
That puts you in the posistion of being a member of either foundation.... CaSLM or MaSLM.... O G will be along to explain your choices :)

ps. i have the Hanson SA8 tgey are good saxes

old git

Tremendous Bore
Jackal,
Please address me in the correct lower case, owing to having been described as "a retiring character".

Too right, it is a Hanson ST8, silver-plated with the gold plated keyworks. Poked along with RPC 105 Blue letter, one of Pete's 9* and baritone reeds.

Can engrave "Selmer Paris Mk Vl Special" and sell it to you for ten grand. >:)>:)>:)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom