All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Reporting in with good news!

ArtyLady

Hi all, long time no post, just couldn't keep it to myself and no one here to tell!.....

I've passed my Grade 6 TG Jazz Sax (on Tenor) :welldone (onwards to grade 8 now! >:) )

very happy Arty :w00t:

ArtyLady

Thanks OG and Amanda, it was far far more difficult that doing a gig to 300 people!! I am chuffed to bits I cried and laughed at the same time !

Taz

Busking Oracle
Bloomin well done young lady........give me a gig for 300 people any day, exams are for the truly talented!

ArtyLady

Don't worry Kev I won't ;}

Thanks Taz, I have never been so nervous since I took my bike test!! Yep gigging is doddle compared to exams ;}

PS I know it sounds like I'm boasting (I'm really not but I'm just so proud of myself!) but I have to add that I got a Distinction! :w00t:

trimmy

One day i will...
PS I know it sounds like I'm boasting (I'm really not but I'm just so proud of myself!) but I have to add that I got a Distinction! :w00

:welldone:welldone

Never mind thinking you are boasting !!!, if that was me i'd shouting it from the highest mountain :welldone a superb achievement :D

How long has it taken you to achieve grade 6 ? and when do you think you will be ready for grade 8 ?
Iv'e just taken the jazz route and am seriously thinking of doing the exams to give me an idea of my improvement, and i believe (heard) the TG are the better structured exam.

Once again well done :welldone

ArtyLady

:welldone:welldone

Never mind thinking you are boasting !!!, if that was me i'd shouting it from the highest mountain :welldone a superb achievement :D

How long has it taken you to achieve grade 6 ? and when do you think you will be ready for grade 8 ?
Iv'e just taken the jazz route and am seriously thinking of doing the exams to give me an idea of my improvement, and i believe (heard) the TG are the better structured exam.

Once again well done :welldone

Hi Trimmy, Thank you :) I've been playing sax for 3.5 years but did play flute and piano for many years before that. I went straight in at Grade 6 to get an idea of my standard as I didn't really have any idea (I never believe people when they say they like my playing I assume their just being kind! :))) )

Yes I agree it's a good way of gauging how you are doing. I did TG because ABRSM only go up to Jazz grade 5 and TG do a scale study as an option instead of scales (although I do have all my scales under my belt I like the scale study - a bit like an extra piece so I felt more prepared). Having not done any grades since flute 40 years ago (with ABRSM) it was nerve wracking but now feel confident enough to go for the biggy next - grade 8 (hopefully in the Spring) :D

Taz

Busking Oracle
PS I know I'm boasting (I'm really, I'm just so proud of myself!) but I have to add that I got a Distinction! :w00t:

No one likes a show off you know!!

:welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone:thankyou::thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunray

Hey hey Arty [We haven't met before] ...

Sunray waves from Norfolk ... :)

Fantastic ... Brilliant ... View attachment 904
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Click Me]

It's really great to hear of other peoples joy and success ... :thankyou:

:welldone:welldone:welldone

I'll look forward to your screams of pure happiness next spring when you make yet another distinction ... :mrcool

TomMapfumo

I won't try to and top the congratulations and praise above. Just want to congratulate you on a wonderful achievement of which you are obviously very proud. As someone who recently decided to stop taking further grades (in trumpet & trombone) I am aware of the dedication required to pass such exams. I now just content myself with playing some of the graded tunes in Creative Saxophone Improvising without the pressure involved, while dreaming of my new sax/bass/drums trio!

Kind regards
Tom

andyb1970

Congratulations! That's a great achievement. I'm aiming to take a Jazz exam at the end of the year, what grade yet not sure....this gives me inspiration!

ArtyLady

No one likes a show off you know!!

:welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone:welldone:thankyou::thankyou:

I know - couldn't help myself! ;}:)))

Sunray waves from Norfolk ... :)

Fantastic ... Brilliant ... View attachment 904
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - [Click Me]

It's really great to hear of other peoples joy and success ... :thankyou:

:welldone:welldone:welldone

I'll look forward to your screams of pure happiness next spring when you make yet another distinction ... :mrcool

Thanks.....here's hoping! :)

Congratulations! That's a great achievement. I'm aiming to take a Jazz exam at the end of the year, what grade yet not sure....this gives me inspiration!

Glad you're inspired....go for it!!!! .......I'm still on cloud 9 :w00t:

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom