support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

SOLD Remember this Tenor? Up for grabs now...

Good to meet you Nigel, and happy honking now you have a decent tenor. ;)

Yay!
I'm glad the Grassi finally found a happy owner. You're right about it being special, I'm not sure what Charlie Connolly did to it, but I've not played a better instrument... :)

there are worse Selmers and SML's out there and I doubt that any Grassi ever left the factory playing as well as this one does...
as I recall my reaction after playing a few notes was something like "my god, this is amazing... it's better than new... do you want to sell it?"- and I'm not even a tenor player. If It was an alto I'd've been begging David to let me pay him on installments and descended into a life of desperate and immoral activities in order to raise the cash...
As it is I've been lying awake at night wondering if I should lower myself to the depths of depravity and take up the tenor...
Anyway, now my soul is safe from temptation and I'll not be at risk of waking up in the cells of Lutterworth police station charged with breaking and entering and attempting indecent acts with a saxophone

Dave, I still have the Kohlert 57 stencil alto... I'm tempted to just put it together again and sell it for what I paid but then again it may just be the only Stecher in the world, and, like the Grassi, with the right fettling it could be a winner.

For that reason I'll probably invest £350 having it overhauled once all the polishing and plating has been completed. And it will be worth... what it's cost me perhaps. Then again it may turn out to be another gem.

The one-of-a-kind Conn NWI/II "Deluxe" is going nowhere. Cheap as chips but a lovely tone, if a little flat with the wrong mouthpiece, bless it. ;)