All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Reeds Reeds

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Does anybody know about the grading on the RJS reeds. I currently use a 2s filed and am thinking of trying a slightly harder one.

Would the next step up be a 2m or 3s

Thank you in advance

Jx

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
s=soft, m=medium, h=hard

3 grades per number.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Cheers Colin the comparison site I found wasn't nearly as good.

Has anyone played the reserve and compared them to the RJS?

Jx

much prefer the RJS. Soiund/play better. But on sop I've switched to Marca Jazz 2.5s from the RJS.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
much prefer the RJS. Soiund/play better. But on sop I've switched to Marca Jazz 2.5s from the RJS.

@kevgermany you star. I forgot I had some of these. One of the reasons I was looking to get harder reeds was I seem to be having trouble again slurring from D with octave key back to G. Just put one of these on problem disappeared. Not sure I like the tone in the upper register. But think it confirms I need a harder reed :)

Jx

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
When comparing the Rico Reserve Classic and the Rico Jazz Select and choosing one over the other depends upon the concept of tone you want to achieve and the degree of resistance you are comfortable blowing against. For classical playing on my Rousseau 5R, the RRC gives the sound and feel I like in this style. For jazz playing with my Northway custom mouthpiece, the Rico Jazz Select is a good match for its easy blowing and brighter sound.

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom