All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
ArtistWorks

Accessories Reed Geek

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
I bought the Black Diamond a few weeks ago. At first, I just used it to flatten the backs of the reeds in my rotation and it worked very well in that regard. Then I decided it would be good to learn to adjust other parts of the reed.

I watched Jay Metcalf's video and took a reed I had given up on. After some careful work, I tried it and it played great! Easy to control, my bell tones were easier to play and my sound was fuller. I used it on the reeds that I'm currently playing and it improved every one of them.

I realize that it is an expensive tool and these adjustments can be made with a knife, sandpaper or other tools. If you have that capability, save your money. But I'm not particularly handy with tools, so the Reed Geek makes it much easier for me.

Last edited:

Colin the Bear

Having enjoyed more than half a century of building and fixing things I can get by with a swiss army knife.

However a tool that you use and does the job is never a waste of money. ;)

Clivey

Since getting these then another in 2 strength. Shaving etc has been turned into a thing of the past the 2.5's are stubborn SOB's.

They are good reeds, might want to disinfect em before and after unboxing lol.

Jazzaferri

reeds will Likely last a bit longer using a reed geek or rolling the edge of a knife to act like a scraper. Less damage to the fibres as the cutting angle is better

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom