All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Red River Rock

jeremyjuicewah

Was listening to this last night. How do he get that sound? Is that his way of doing it or is it a super duper mouthpiece, the one I am searching for, or what? Come along ye meisters of the sax, let me know.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi jj

I know what you mean but sorry can't help you, I'm as much in the dark as you about this mpc thing

thomsax

"Thier (Johnny & The Hurricanes) lively reverb sound was obtained by letting the music bounce around in the large auditorium of Detroit CarmenTowers" , Rock & Roll Saxophone, John Laughter.

Johnny Paris played a Martin sax ("The Martin Tenor") and I think his mouthpiece is a Berg Larsen Duckbill. He didn't play the high screaming notes that much. And he also played the tones short, staccato like. Chicken sax! I like Paris saxophone. Sounds easy but I think it's hard to play like that. A great player. Listen to the song "Sheba" as well. Good vibrato/big shake.

Thomas

old git

Tremendous Bore
At the time it was rumoured to be that a carefully split reed was used.

Does famed impression of Chevalier singing "Ah yes. I remember it well." Exits stage left to wild applause.

jeremyjuicewah

Nick, Thomas, it is back to John Laughter's book for me. I will get that there mpc one day and if it coincides with my ability rising to the point where I can meaningfully use it, so much the better.

Old git, if only I could remember it, just a little bit. Gee gee whiz, that would be just fine.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
At the time it was rumoured to be that a carefully split reed was used.
I've encountered a few old rockers who've used this technique- split the reed down the eaxct centre with a razor blade. Tried it myself- felt a bit like putting slight a chorus & distortion effect on my tenor.....

Top Bottom