All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Recruitment: 20 saxophonists needed for avant-garde London show.

karlbrummer

I'm not sure if this is breaking any rules of this site, but I don't intend to: I'm currently looking for 20 saxophonists for a one off performance in September. If you're interested and can play either tenor or baritone saxophone with the ability to circular breath at length, please contact me on this site and (hopefully when I've posted 5 posts) I'll be able to give you some links.

Alternatively google: Karl Brummer 20 Saxophones

Best wishes,

Karl Brummer

karlbrummer

Yep, website is as above (thanks!)

The circular-breathed sections will be sustaining one note, but there small (as in tiny) rhythmic breaks within that.

And yes, it's in London (ha).

dooce

I can do the "high standard of technical ability is not essential" bit, but sadly I'm still working on the circular breathing. Good luck with your project.

karlbrummer

I can do the "high standard of technical ability is not essential" bit, but sadly I'm still working on the circular breathing. Good luck with your project.
Ha! In my experience, a lot of pros have made circular breathing out to be the holy grail of sax techniques but it really isn't. I'm by no means the best player in the world, but all it took was a few hours of sitting down and trying to figure out the technique, then working it into my usual practice time... etc.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom