support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recording equipment for singer...

Pyrografix

Senile Member
... not sure if this is the right place for this enquiry, but here goes:

My teenage daughter wants to record herself singing - mainly to help her improve rather than for any commercial reason.
Can any of you knowledgeable folk recommend a simple set up to achieve this? I suggested using her mobile phone, but got a look that told me how far wrong I was in no uncertain terms!

Any ideas appreciated!

I use a Zoom H2 recorder- great bit of kit & very good sound quality (plus it can be used as a USB microphone if you're ever wanting to reocrd directly onto a computer too)

mics/recording

as previously mentioned: http://cafesaxophone.com/showthread.php?1965-Microphones-(again)

Current ebay item number is 180555960254 a true bargain @ £2.70 delivered! Couple with a free copy of Audacity & you are up & running...

She could pay for this herself, leaving the opportunity to fleece you for something much more expensive!!

I use zoom H4 (very similar to H2) also with great success..

Another vote for the H2. Another option would be a Shure mike with USB adapter into the pc. They do a few with USB adpaters bundled. Would probably be better than the zoom, but not as versatile...

Biggest drawback of the H2 (for me) is that it doesn't have a speaker, so playback is by headphones (cheap set supplied) or connect to an amp/pc sound input.

My vote goes to Zoom H2.

Had it a couple of months now and love it. I use it to record myself all the time to get rid of my horrible vibrato (hasn't worked yet but getting there) and clean up attack. It's simple to use and play back via proper headphones is okay.

Used to use my computer and Samson USB mic, but far more hassle.

Thanks for your input folks - I knew you wouldn't let me down.

Will have a scout through ebay, unless you have a recommended retailer (pref good price and service, and def needs to be mail order as I don't think I'll get out through the snow for the foreseeable future!).

Cheers,

Biggest drawback of the H2 (for me) is that it doesn't have a speaker, so playback is by headphones (cheap set supplied) or connect to an amp/pc sound input.

I've got a simple 3.5mm jack to twin phono adapter for mine, Plugs straight into the Aux phonos on a hifi amp, proper hifi sound quality with no need for headphones. Although for some of the noises I make, maybe headphones would be a good idea!

I've got a simple 3.5mm jack to twin phono adapter for mine, Plugs straight into the Aux phonos on a hifi amp, proper hifi sound quality with no need for headphones. Although for some of the noises I make, maybe headphones would be a good idea!

Me too, but it's only good when there's a hi-fi or headphones available.

Back
Top Bottom