SYOS

Recording Recording at home

Tommy Ng

Hi

I am still struggling to do recording using my laptop+audio interface+audacity. The sound i recorded is worse than that recorded using a video cam.

I have 2 laptops, one gives a better sound than the other. Does it mean that the performance of the PC/laptop is important in recording??

My audio interface and mic are not the best in the world but they cost about £250; i would expect the sound quality to be a bit better.

:confused:

Clivey

Your Laptop will have a 16bit A/D convertor which samples at CD Quality. That should be OK.

Your Mic can be an important factor but I think the main thing is the software. I use Cubase Sx which is years old but is also miles ahead of any freeware stuff.

Just the suite of VST plugins alone justify it.

I don`t really multitrack so latency is not a prob for me although I also have an audigy 2 24 bit soundcard which is great for turning the laptop into a synth via " reason3 "

You need to pick a recording program to suit your needs and budget. there are lot`s out there

Clivey

Tom .
Your You-Tube stuff is really good. It`s recorded nice and clear and played very well.

I think you would benefit from better accompaniment and also you need to record in a dead / re-verb free environment and add your effects later.

It`s probably time to Join a Band, if you haven`t already.

Tommy Ng

Tom .
Your You-Tube stuff is really good. It`s recorded nice and clear and played very well.

I think you would benefit from better accompaniment and also you need to record in a dead / re-verb free environment and add your effects later.

It`s probably time to Join a Band, if you haven`t already.

Hi Clivey

Thank you for the compliment :==) i am still a beginner ..

I recorded those clips using only a video cam. I have been trying to record at home but the results are very disappointing. The sounds are too dry. I only have audacity at the moment, thinking to get Cubase later.

tom

Top Bottom