Tutorials

Sheet Music Recommendations to buy sheet music + backing tracks?

Gallen

Does anyone know of websites that sell sheet music with an accompanying backing track? I've found and used this, but am looking for more options. Thanks!

Alvin

saxnik

Try musicroom.com - fairly good selection of mainstream stuff there, you may find what you're looking for.
For jazz stuff try jazzwise.com.

Happy searching...

Nick

Gallen

Hi Nick!
Thanks for the recommendations. One thing I've experienced with songbooks and backing tracks is the clause that says not public performances. Not that I'm performing, but I do put my practice clips with the backing tracks on youtube.

Cheers!

Alvin

c9off

You don't give much info for what you are looking for, but if you have been paying $13 per sheet & track, then surely playalong books must be worth a look. Hal Leonard & Jamie Aebersold, plus many others... additionally saxsolos.com for the sheets & 'the web' for backing...

Gallen

You don't give much info for what you are looking for, but if you have been paying $13 per sheet & track, then surely playalong books must be worth a look. Hal Leonard & Jamie Aebersold, plus many others... additionally saxsolos.com for the sheets & 'the web' for backing...

Hi!
Saxsolos looks interesting! I'm checking it out. The main issue I have with the books I have so far (Guest Spot, iirc) is that they are supposedly forbidden to use publicly, which I assume youtube/facebook is. Hence my hunt for altenative tracks that I can use online. I enjoy a wide range of music really, anything from jazz to jpop :p

Alvin

littleplum

Try Spotify for backing tracks or karaoke tracks. If there is anything you like it tells you what album it is from then you can go and buy it. If you want basic dots for a tune then try www.wikifonia.org if they have the tune then its yours for free and you can transpose it before you print it.

With spotify there is a lot of stuff on there but it is trial and error to find it. Perhaps we could have a sideline thread with peoples finds?

regards

Dave

Top Bottom