All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Recent starter, hoping to be around for some time!

New Member Introduction
This is an introduction (not an ad or question about saxophone)

Cristóvão

Hi all!

My name is Cristóvão, and I have been playing the saxophone since November.

If I remember correctly, the reasoning was mostly "it would be good to pick up an instrument to use all this new found free time" and "I'd really like to pick the saxophone up, because it looks brassy but it's a woodwind, which is always a fun conversation starter".

I got to Amazon and got an el cheapo sax and started playing. For some reason I got quickly to some easy tunes (Not jazzy stuff, stuff like "Falling in love with you") and I really liked it.
So I started trying to have structured daily practices and so on and so forth, this turned out to be a bad decision because it gave me a new thing that I like to do :).
In January I got a more proper saxophone (the cheapo's thing where the neck connects to the body unglued itself. I still love it, though) and a more reasonable mouthpiece.
In late April I started having lessons, during which I learned that tonguing is actually a thing. Being self-learned always leaves some holes...

Joining the forum to try and connect with the community more.

Looking forward to hopefully improve and, who knows, play with some of you eventually.

P.S.: I am regretting going with my old high school nickname for the nickname instead of a more proper handle. Is there any way to fix this?

BertieBut

Café Supporter
Hi all!

My name is Cristóvão, and I have been playing the saxophone since November.

If I remember correctly, the reasoning was mostly "it would be good to pick up an instrument to use all this new found free time" and "I'd really like to pick the saxophone up, because it looks brassy but it's a woodwind, which is always a fun conversation starter".

I got to Amazon and got an el cheapo sax and started playing. For some reason I got quickly to some easy tunes (Not jazzy stuff, stuff like "Falling in love with you") and I really liked it.
So I started trying to have structured daily practices and so on and so forth, this turned out to be a bad decision because it gave me a new thing that I like to do :).
In January I got a more proper saxophone (the cheapo's thing where the neck connects to the body unglued itself. I still love it, though) and a more reasonable mouthpiece.
In late April I started having lessons, during which I learned that tonguing is actually a thing. Being self-learned always leaves some holes...

Joining the forum to try and connect with the community more.

Looking forward to hopefully improve and, who knows, play with some of you eventually.

P.S.: I am regretting going with my old high school nickname for the nickname instead of a more proper handle. Is there any way to fix this?
Hiya!

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom