support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Ravi Shankar.

Sad loss back in the fifties. I became quite intrigued with Indian classical, the sitar always had a haunting quality which triggered off (for me at least.)the mysticism associated with the so-called psychedelic revolution. Mr Shankar`s association with some gf the jazz greats , Coltrane was given an insight into Indian classical by the Maestro and it influenced his later performances. I remember hearing Cotrane`s playing of `My Favorite Things.) (U.S. spelling.) and to me it had a trance like quality about it. Farewell Sir Ravi another spiritual journey has started. Regds. N.

Sachal Studios (Brilliant line up of Pakistani classical and traditional musicians.) recording of `Take Five` (Utube). is well worth having a listen too and shows the fusion of the ancient and modern N.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do. I must listen to the CD I have of her music. I think I might have bought it because she is so beautiful. I truly judged a CD by its cover.

Anoushka Shankar, another daughter is a sitar phenom too. Plsyed under her father for a long time and learned it right.

i have her traveller cd. She does some stuff with flamenco players on this one.

Ravi was a wonderful human and a great musician.