support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Rampone & Cazzani "Two Voices" Red Brass/Solid Silver Tenor

Two Voices

Well, I’ve gone and done it! The ‘Two Voices’ Brass Version is mine :D Mad I know as I haven’t even played it! Just hope I like those Olive Wood Touches! I should be getting it Wednesday!

I’m guessing the Brass Version will have a little more power and projection over the Bronze which would have more warmth and subtlety. That’s just my thoughts despite the fact I haven’t played either horns!

I just wonder what the best mouthpiece for this horn will be. Another mouthpiece saga :)))

The main reason for getting the ‘Two Voices’ was;

1/. A vintage sound
2/. A modern horn with good ergonomics
3/. Needed a second Tenor

I emailed sax.co.uk to inquire about the ‘Two Voices’ the day it came in (Tuesaday) and have been thinking about it ever since! What absolutely convinced me were Pete’s sound clips with the Bronze ‘Two Voices’. After that I just knew I had to have that horn!

Well, I’ve gone and done it! The ‘Two Voices’ Brass Version is mine :D Mad I know as I haven’t even played it! Just hope I like those Olive Wood Touches! I should be getting it Wednesday!

I’m guessing the Brass Version will have a little more power and projection over the Bronze which would have more warmth and subtlety. That’s just my thoughts despite the fact I haven’t played either horns!

I just wonder what the best mouthpiece for this horn will be. Another mouthpiece saga :)))

The main reason for getting the ‘Two Voices’ was;

1/. A vintage sound
2/. A modern horn with good ergonomics
3/. Needed a second Tenor

I emailed sax.co.uk to inquire about the ‘Two Voices’ the day it came in (Tuesaday) and have been thinking about it ever since! What absolutely convinced me were Pete’s sound clips with the Bronze ‘Two Voices’. After that I just knew I had to have that horn!

You don't have to explain yourself to us,we all know what a bad attack of GAS is like

ENJOY...john

Just as well you bought it. I showed my wife Pete's pics and sound clip. She thought it was fantastic.

The wheels fell off when she heard the price.

The factory's not too far from me, I wonder if I take a couple of days off and drive down, they'll show me around.... (and send me home with a free sample :))) )

Enjoy, I'm sure you'll make good use of it!

Congratulations, Paul!

What a back up horn to have...................:shocked::w00t:;}. I find that the mouthpiece that works best on my own Rampone & Cazzani Tenor is the Theo Wanne Stable Wood Ambika, which I prefer to the metal or hard rubber versions for the extra resonance. I imagine Pete is using his own PPT mouthpiece.

Hope you have a great time making a glorious noise with it when it arrives. Are you going to import a personal tech next to keep all your saxes in perfect condition when you are next online............;}

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

I think you're going to love it

Thanks Pete!

Good for you, enjoy >:)

Thanks Jeanette!

Just as well you bought it. I showed my wife Pete's pics and sound clip. She thought it was fantastic.
The wheels fell off when she heard the price.

The factory's not too far from me, I wonder if I take a couple of days off and drive down, they'll show me around.... (and send me home with a free sample :))) )

Enjoy, I'm sure you'll make good use of it!

Thanks Kev! It does have a certain character to it that’s for sure!

Nice one Paul:welldone. Once you get over the GAS attack you will have to post some sound clips.
Enjoy the new sax

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris! Once I’ve gotten over the GAS Attack I’ll have to have a look at getting some gear to record myself playing! I’ll start saving the pennies :)))

Congratulations, Paul!
What a back up horn to have...................:shocked::w00t:;}. I find that the mouthpiece that works best on my own Rampone & Cazzani Tenor is the Theo Wanne Stable Wood Ambika, which I prefer to the metal or hard rubber versions for the extra resonance. I imagine Pete is using his own PPT mouthpiece.

Hope you have a great time making a glorious noise with it when it arrives. Are you going to import a personal tech next to keep all your saxes in perfect condition when you are next online............;}

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Thanks Tom! I agree, it is a great back up horn to the Yani T901 :))) however, I doubt I can afford a private tech now :))) probably just spend a fortune on shipping back and forth to the UK! :(

I suppose I could splash out for a Theo Wayne Mouthpiece for the Italian Lady ;}

That's right, I'm using a PPT.

Would that be the new Tenor Mouthpiece you mentioned the other day?

It's not that new, I've been doing them for over a tyear. There will be a niew model out though, that's probably what you are thinking of.

If it was me, I'd not be getting a Theo Wanne for various reasons.

I was just wondering if it was the new model that is coming out, was the one you played in the sound clip. I might take a look at your range of PPT's though.

Not to worry, I won't be getting a Theo Wanne Mouthpiece ...

:))):))):))):))):))):))):))):))):))):))):)))

Oh Paul! You are a complete nutter. I hope it's everything you want in a horn...

Enjoy!

Thanks Joel! ROTFL :)))

On a serious note, which PPT did you get? Was it the 8*? I'm kind of thinking 9*. I see you're back on the Yanagisawa #9!

I was so eager in getting the sax I didn't ask what mouthpiece it came with :)))

Paul, I got the 8* (117 opening) which is actually wider than my Yani 9 (109). The Yani is easier for me to play at the moment and the supplied ligature is extremely consistent (vs. my Rovner on the PPT which isn't). Waiting to try out Kev's lig with the PPT. If that doesn't work out, I may try Tom's suggestion in Canada. The Yani is sounding great with the VI though - the sub-tone is simply gorgeous. Dare I say it, but I'm finding the Yani quite versatile; I wonder if more people concentrated on their own personal tone and ability to control a mouthpiece, there would be less mouthpiece GAS?

Last edited by a moderator: