support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Raise your glass....or pint! :)

Luluna

Café Supporter
I thought it might be nice to have a place to make a "Raise your glass" request - for someone you know who needs positive thoughts sent their way or to acknowledge a job well done.

Please raise your glass to my friend and partner-in-crime since 1984, Peggy. She was diagnosed last year on St. Patrick's Day with Stage 4 cancer. I'm happy to report she will be undergoing a life-saving operation at Sloan Kettering tomorrow.....on St. Patrick's Day. :welldone She's also an amazing writer. Her blog deals with cancer very honestly and with a large dose of humour. Pass it on to anyone you think might be helped by reading it: http://peggyluckey.blogspot.com

Raising my glass to my friend, Peggy. May the force be with you and Dr. Fong! :cheers:

:cheers:I'll raise a glass to your friend Peggy and also my dad who is a bit poorly at the moment.

Glass raised and drained.

Good fortune to Peggy, and Sue's dad. (And anyone else who is defeating or holding cancer at bay.)

Oh and a wee nip raised to the surgeons and their team as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going to raise a glass, I'm going to a jam tonight so I'll dedicate a tune to Peggy and Sue's dad instead, in fact I'll have a toot for you all! :sax:

It worked! :welldone

from Peggy last night: "Good Night My lovely wonderful Warriors. It's almost embarassing the abundant, over-flowing love and prayers that are on steroids right now for me. I thank you all."

This afternoon from her sister Katie,
"Peg is out of surgery and doing well. It was expected to last 3 1/2 to 4 hours but Dr. Fong was done in about 2 hours which of course had Lee and my folks scared when he came walking out that soon. It was all good news.Only 40% of Peg's liver had to be removed. There is one tumor remaining of the 8 or 9 that he could not remove because it is too close to blood vessels. He cauterized it or as Lee put it, 'fried the sh*t out of it' to kill any remaining live cancer cells that might be there. It hasn't been determined if she will need further treatment.
That's all for now. The rush of relief I've been waiting for has just come in a flood of tears. Can't type and cry anymore. Thank you everyone for all your continued prayers and good wishes, Katie
"

I spoke with Peggy last night (after we sang and danced over the phone to "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight" - if you read her blog you know why), and told her link was posted here. Also forwarded your good wishes, she is overwhelmed. Thank you all so much.

After a sip of Jameson's with a Guinness chaser, I raise my glasses :cheers: to the members of this forum, whose compassion and generosity never cease to amaze me, and again to Sue's Dad, wishing him well and hoping he feels like himself again very soon.

Kindest regards,

Back
Top Bottom