All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

RAF Halton Area Band

jecgreig

Hi,

I'm Join and I live in London.
I play 1st Alto in the RAF Halton Area Voluntary Band in Buckinghamshire (and also Bari sax in their Big Band).
I was in the RAF for 12 year (not as a musician) and joined the 'voluntary' band then and stayed with them when I left the RAF. I have a Yani Alto and Sop and use the bands Selmer Bari.

We are always looking for interesting Concert Band music to play and I'm always looking for solos and ways to improve my playing.

Cheers,

Jon

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi Jon

Big welcome from me. Have fun here, hope you get a few ideas from the members!

TomMapfumo

A Big Welcome to Cafe Saxophone from the Skabertawe Light Infantry Reggae Paraders (SLIRP). Choosing what music to play
is always a challenge, these days.
One of our favourites is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biVcW0WTzzk&feature=related
which has good parts for trumpet, trombone and baritone sax.

Hope you have a good time on the Forum.
Kind regards
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

llamedos

Many welcomes indeed to this haven for ex erks; I remember passing through RAF Halton and being rudely awakened at some ungodly hour by the Apprentices Pipe Band warming up for the march down to breakfast - put me off bagpipes for years!

Enjoy your visits here and above all enjoy your music.

Dave

jecgreig

Many welcomes indeed to this haven for ex erks; I remember passing through RAF Halton and being rudely awakened at some ungodly hour by the Apprentices Pipe Band warming up for the march down to breakfast - put me off bagpipes for years!

Enjoy your visits here and above all enjoy your music.

Dave
The remaining old boys still gather at Halton every two years and have a mass pipe shindig.
We go up and play some marches and Highland Cathedral or similar with them.

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom