support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Radio WCAF

Pete Thomas

Cafe Moderator
Commercial Supporter
Locality
Sunny Southampton
This is to proudly announce the opening of radio WCAF.

Radio WCAF

Last edited:
Jesus man haven't you got a proper job?
Sue's just come in ask what the hell am I listening to.
Don't agree with banjo fiddlin. I think it's been banned in these parts and I'm sure Old Git's going to have something to say about it.
Love it!

Thanks Pete, that's brilliant. Didn't work in IE8 when I tried it last night. Love the music!

Hmmm, should work in IE8. It is so difficult these days to get something that is compatible with everything.

the player is both Flash and html5. I don't think html5 will work on IE8, but it should be using Flash in that case. Of course if you have IE8 and Flash is deactivated then it won't work.

i'm keen to know if anyone else is finding it doesn't work on certain browsers?

Using IE7, receives music alright but I can't get the shipping forecast.

It works fine on Chrome, but I am getting addicted!

Dave

Works great in Safari - thanks :)

Hah finally, found the solution i wanted for the people in the waiting room at work...thx!

Bazinga!

Hey there sax forum:)

Hmmm, should work in IE8. It is so difficult these days to get something that is compatible with everything.

the player is both Flash and html5. I don't think html5 will work on IE8, but it should be using Flash in that case. Of course if you have IE8 and Flash is deactivated then it won't work.

i'm keen to know if anyone else is finding it doesn't work on certain browsers?

Looks like it's flash: I got this

ScreenHunter_01 Feb. 21 15.59.jpg

Then this:

ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 21 15.59.jpg

But.. (and this is on a different machine to the first one) Then it started playing.

Looks like it's flash: I got this

Most likely an issue with flash on that browser. I notice Adobe keep updating it.

Flash is on its way out, but we still need it for the older browsers that don't support html5. According to my stats, only 5% of people coming here use anything older than IE9, but I will keep support for Flash until that is under 1%. Mind you html5 has it's own issues, you need two formats of audio currently, mp3 and ogg.

Pete,
Everything works except that bakelite radios of that era had green tuning tetrodes, pentodes or some 'odes. Without one, I find it difficult to listen. Please rectify (that's an electronic joke).

Just had to do a :)flash upgrade, and it now work in IE8 for me, without errors..

Thanks Pete!

When I clicked on Pete's link on my mobile phone, I was taken to a thread from someone from four years ago who wanted to find a sax teacher in the Brighton and Hove area. He never did return to say whether he'd been successful.

Anyway, when I copied the link and pasted it in the browser, up popped the radio. Excellent stuff, though another distraction from picking up and playing the thing :mad: :)

Thanks very much, Pete, for everything you do.

I use Firefox. Last night, nothing happened and I thought it was a weird surrealist post.... Works fine now!

IE6... I know but that's how it is. Eventually you'll phase me out

As for the music... is this all your playing Pete?

Back
Top Bottom