support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

R&C 'Two Voices' Tenor

Jack

Locality
Silvis, IL
I have heard mention of this on this board (no where else) is there more information somewhere?
How much does it cost?

Why the R&C 'Two Voices' Tenor? The guy who owns Tenor Madness (http://www.tenormadness.com/) says R&C Tenors in particular have intonation problems. What is the consensus here?

Why the R&C 'Two Voices' Tenor? The guy who owns Tenor Madness (http://www.tenormadness.com/) says R&C Tenors in particular have intonation problems. What is the consensus here?

Where does he say that? Possibly he was talking about vintage R & C instruments.

I bought the very first Two Voices after test playing it and comparing extensively with other horns. If it had intonation problems I wouldn't have bought it.

RRP is about $10,000 Euros.

He did not say it on his web site. He said it to me in person when I visited his establishment and inquired about purchasing an R&C from him. He said the Alto, Bari, and Soprano were fine, but that the Tenor had intonation problems and for that reason he did not stock it. I don't want to get into the middle of something. I do bow to your expertise, and was only repeating what I was told. Do you know what $10,000 Euros might be in USD?

10,000 Euros is about 15,500 US Dollars.

I have the second ‘Two Voices’ and find its one of the best Tenors I’ve played. The intonation and dynamics are superb!

I do bow to your expertise, and was only repeating what I was told. Do you know what $10,000 Euros might be in USD?

Absolutely fair enough, if he has tried some and had intonation problems I believe it. Was it all R & C tenors (obviously not the Two Voices, as I believe only two have been made so far.

10,000 euros is about $14,600 (yikes) That is RRP though, you will see what they sell for on this site:

http://www.sax.co.uk/acatalog/Tenor.html

Yikes indeed.

When I can play as good as Pete Thomas (that will be on the 3rd of Nebuary) I will buy one. One would have to play ALOT of gigs to make up for that one.

BTW the guy who owns tenor madness may have made up his mind about R&C Tenors. A closed mind is a terrible thing to waste! :)))

It sounds like his view is a classic example of "Tenor Madness"................:shocked::w00t:;}

The guys at Tenor Madness are very good. IMO, they are doing premium repair jobs. I think one of my Martins are overhauled by Tenor Madness. You can almost have one King Super 20, one Conn 10M and one "The Martin" Tenor (overhauled by Tenor Madness) for the same price as one R&C "Two Voices". Are three voices better than two voices? No doubt, the R&C are fine saxes.

Thomas

Thom, if you read the posts, you'll see that there was something very special about the sax that Pete bought. Confirmed by other knowledgable people. If it works that well, then it's worth it for a pro. For a private guy - well if you can afford it and want some exclusivity, I guess it is. Out of my price range... And probably way out of my ability to get anything out of it that I can't get out of the Santoni...