Subscriptions and donations are given to special needs music education charities
Tutorials

Quick Fix

Josh Johnson

I, stupidly, got into the habit of putting my sax down on tables upside-down so the bell is flat on the table (this is even more stupid given the 30 odd years I've been playing!).

Anyway, the upshot is that the inevitable happened and I ended up with an unplayable 82Z tenor the day before a set of hard gigs.

I got my sax back today. The tech was delivering another sax and asked my to try it. It was a 6 digit mark VI tenor, just overhauled - man it played great! Fantastic projection, with a dark focused tone. I played my 82Z afterwards and was not disappointed - a different sound; brighter and more contemporary. It was as loud as the mark VI but had a more spread out sound. The 82Z also had better intonation and ergonomics.

I know its a case of 'Horses for Courses', I just feel the 82Z is generally a more versatile sax.

Oh yeah, mind how you leave your sax!

Josh.

Saxlicker

I, stupidly, got into the habit of putting my sax down on tables upside-down so the bell is flat on the table (this is even more stupid given the 30 odd years I've been playing!).
Did you give yourself a good thrashing?

I got told off for leaving my saxes on a soft leather arm chair resting against the back with the crook over the back. I can't see a way that they'd move at all but a sound tongue thrashing I got....
I think largely it was because this person had also had the same tongue thrashing when he took lessons from Jean Toussaint which ended like this.
If you do that again I wont give you any more lessons!!!:shocked:

Anyway, glad the Yam is doing the bizz

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom