Questions about "Taming The Saxophone" by Pete Thomas

AndyB

Thought I'd start a thread on this.

A couple of questions:

1) What are the plans for Vol 1 & 2

2) How and where are the melodic minor and harmonic minor used in the saxophone repertoire instead of natural minor.

PS. Just opened the cover and cannot wait to get started working this material. :welldone

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
a huge salute for one important aspect of this book- spiral binding may not look as 'slick' as a regualr format book- but this is the only book I've got which will sit on my music stand without a fight! A simple point but something I find quite important in practical terms...

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
1) What are the plans for Vol 1 & 2
This set of exercises was not actually written for the book, it really is what it says on the cover - a collection of stuff I've been using for years, so it's what I had already in existence before planning a publication/s.

As it happens to be not really beginner stuff, I decided to call it volume 3 to give some scope for as yet unwritten vols 1 & 2.

Getting these done all depends on fitting in round my other work (writing music) which is what actually pays the bills. Although vol 1 has ben started - A beginners book on impro with playalongs (blues, ska, pop & jazz), it may be some time. I want to make sure I get it right.

2) How and where are the melodic minor and harmonic minor used in the saxophone repertoire instead of natural minor.
Aha. I'll let others jump in here first, as I'm off to get some coffee. It might be quite a long answer. In fact somebody asked that almost same question on SOTW with regard to exercise 1.01, and got more than they bargained for.

Top Bottom