All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

proud dad

will a

ok well this is my son now 26, gone by in a flash,gave him hie first soprano at the age of 4and he's been at it from then, probably surpassed me by about 10 , the video I did my self and was taken in the field behind our house where I keep the sheep now ,he now runs and plays in the Pink Floyd tribute band The Spirit of PInk floyd and does wedding photos shoots

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GDEmPLUtI4

will a

Lovely tone! I bet you'e vey proud of him, not just proud....

Rather far fetched from Floyd... Is that him in this clip with Snake Davis?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcyCeBvCcG4&feature=related

yep, thats our Ben on stage with Snake , he first played on stage with him at a venue in brum when he was 15 ( I have never been on stage with him )
ok so how did he get to know Snake Davis ,well he was early teens when he heard one of snake recording and started to copy his style and recording himself at home then unknown to us he started sending then to snake , it took some time but eventually got a reply (snake was so kind and helpful ) in the end he invited us to a gig he was doing and told Ben to bring his sax (now on tenor ) they had a quick rehearsal during the break then in the second half got him on stage and have been friends ever since and are still in touch now even depping for him on occasions

A lesson for us all I think ...... Go for your dreams

Gallen

Can't see the youtube vids at the moment (no headphones) but wow, that's got to be a great feeling for a parent!

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Café Supporter
If that were my son I would be very proud indeed, some really beautiful playing and showing why a sop is such a great instrument,Kenny Gee eat your heart out.SOPPY I KNOW!!!! but it brought a tear to my eyes,Now that's something special when a piece of music can do that isn't it....john

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Some way to go in my household....

Taz

Busking Oracle
Wow, an excelent player. I've been following Bens progress with The Spirit of Pink Floyd, as I too play with a Floyd tribute band (I have to say that ours is nowhere near as pollished as his)
Like everyone else said, you have every right to be proud.

Jules, patience! Your time will come!

trimmy

One day i will...
Great clip and a very good player, iv'e had a look at a few of his other vids very good :welldone

You have every reason to be proud :)

Love the pic Jules :)

Last edited by a moderator:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Café Supporter
Isn't it nice when a chip off the old block carries on the family tradition and does it so well?...john

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom