All fees from subs and sales are supporting musicians suffering hardship due to COVID-19
SYOS

Progress Report

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Bottom Bb on a saxophone is Bb1 IMO. It's not any kind of official cafe position though.
So what is bottom A on a bari sax?, and what if it is a low Bb bari?
Is A1 on a bari sax the same as A1 on a tenor.
My feeling is that the bell notes should be called A0, Bb0, B0.

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2.25 years
Subscriber
In response to the many questions about musicians working out solos, I try to find new stuff daily within the limits of my knowledge. In the music I want to play, it won't be anything like this stiff, but this is a really good way for me to play what I hear.

Yeah, those sessions, some of which you've heard were never mixed and I don't have multitracks. Had they been digital, the studio might have had them, but alas, 24-track 2" tape is expensive and a mutha to lug and store when you move.

Pete Effamy

It works better, but I think the low notes being named 1 is too widely used.

Pete Effamy

In response to the many questions about musicians working out solos, I try to find new stuff daily within the limits of my knowledge. In the music I want to play, it won't be anything like this stiff, but this is a really good way for me to play what I hear.

Yeah, those sessions, some of which you've heard were never mixed and I don't have multitracks. Had they been digital, the studio might have had them, but alas, 24-track 2" tape is expensive and a mutha to lug and store when you move.
Criminal!

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
And that is absolutely fine if it works for you, but I think the main things should be that most people understand what you mean.

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2.25 years
Subscriber
And that is absolutely fine if it works for you, but I think the main things should be that most people understand what you mean.
This is my main concern, bad enough I think in concert pitch, so I already have to transpose in my head when someone says "play a G". If we all agree on 1 as the index, when you say G1 I'll know you're talking about the way I play Bb.

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2.25 years
Subscriber
Edit: A little better Feb 16th. If only I could get through the whole tune.

Last edited:

Clivey

Loved the interplay between the 2 registers 2nd half of tune, it gave it a real new yorky feeling for me. Dug the tun too

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 2.25 years
Subscriber
Eric Marienthal is the tenor making me sound like a beginner :)

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom