probably basic recording on PC query....

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
I'm trying to put together a best bits of my band's CD for our website- a single track of bits of the CD, cross-faded and mixed into one 4 minute MP3. Now here's the query- what program/how do I rip from a CD in stereo? i've got soundforge, audacity and Acid sonic foundry- plus garage band on my wife's mac.. but they all seem based round ripping on mono (and working with mono tracks)... any tips...?

chadders

Subscriber
Hi,

I got around this in audacity by connecting a separate cd player to the computer via the headphone out & micophone in/line in socket on the computer and then recorded. This worked ok, I then noticed that wma files are imported into Audacity as mono, but mp3 files are imported in stereo, so check the format of your source file.

Chad

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
I'm trying to put together a best bits of my band's CD for our website- a single track of bits of the CD, cross-faded and mixed into one 4 minute MP3. Now here's the query- what program/how do I rip from a CD in stereo?

I use iTunes

Moz

I'm trying to put together a best bits of my band's CD for our website- a single track of bits of the CD, cross-faded and mixed into one 4 minute MP3. Now here's the query- what program/how do I rip from a CD in stereo? i've got soundforge, audacity and Acid sonic foundry- plus garage band on my wife's mac.. but they all seem based round ripping on mono (and working with mono tracks)... any tips...?
Rip the CD using Windows Media Player then import each track in turn to Audacity. You will have a stereo waveform displayed and you can select the bits you want (one at a time) and from the file menu select 'export selection as...' whatever you want .wav or .mp3.

I do it all the time.

Martin

Top Bottom