support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Pretty old to be a beginner?

SamWattRock

Locality
Texas
Hello all,
I don't actually have a saxophone (soon maybe) but I do have a Roland Aerophone Go that I'm learning on. I've had it for about 5 months and have had some lessons from a sax teacher. Prior to this, I played cello starting in 5th grade, then bass guitar and string bass in high school, and then I learned some harmonica, recorder, guitar, and a little bit of keyboards, studying some theory along the way... so now I'm in my 70s and this is my newest challenge.... and I have questions!
Hope to see you all around
SamWattRock

Welcome to the café, have fun here :)

Jx

Welcome from another late starter.

Hi welcome

Many people on here play various instruments. As @CliveMA says, I play cello as well, plus (which is where my user name comes from) I play the viola da gamba aka 'viol' both tenor and bass. I've dabbled with recorder - I got my alto out last week... it's sulking on the desk in the study.... The Early Music Shop did some broadcasts last week and I had to sit on my hands to resist the urge to buy a nice wooden tenor recorder... Currently trying to learn electric bass....

Welcome to the Cafe.
Some wonderful people here with great advice.
Your never too old to learn something new, and infact its scientifically proven cant remember where i read this that people that keep on educating themselves later in life tend to live a more content fulfilled life in general, so when your 80 / 90, dont be afraid to pick up something else new then either!

Any questions you have, I recon there will be someone on here that can guide you or answer them for you!

Enjoy the new journey

Welcome to the Cafe. You're never too old to be a beginner. The aerophone is a good start, but perhaps you'll eventually pick up a saxophone? Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby! Nice to have you here.

Welcome Sam,
Soldier on....I'm 65 going on 80 and have been getting my head around a tenor sax for the last 8 years from scratch including reading music. At least the neighbours dog has stopped howling.........welcome to the cafe and above all else have some fun.

If you are old dont worry. We are all heading in your direction. Play on and have fun

If you are old dont worry. We are all heading in your direction. Play on and have fun
The way things are going, my wife will have me dead and buried long before i am able to get old.......

"Dig the garden" "Do This.... Do That" "Why you sitting down" "Play me some music" "Take the kids out" "Go to work"

Man im tired........ haha

another newbie great... brilliant place it is...welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom