support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

PPT Ebonite Tenor

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
Price of Item
£110.00
I want to make this donation in recognition of all the great work @Pete Thomas does and so that someone else can enjoy playing on this excellent PPT tenor mouthpiece.

It was made from ebonite by Morgan Fry, and has a very slim profile, based on the metal PPT, so it is very light in weight. I don't think many were made.

I bought it used and there were already some marks on top of the body where a ligature has scored into the ebonite. But the tip and side rails are in excellent condition and it plays very well.

No tip opening is marked on the piece or on its original packaging tube, but it probably equates to a tenor 9 or 9* (0.120 to 0.125 inches). That sounds big, but the high baffle and excellent facing make it blow more easily than you might think.

No ligature with the piece - maybe Pete or others can advise on what fits and works well with this slim-bodied piece.

I will post it off to the first UK-based person who agrees to pay. Shipped once the funds are confirmed to have arrived with the forum charity funds.

Someone will enjoy this.

Rhys
PPT Ebonite Tenor from Side.JPG
PPT Ebonite Tenor with Tube.JPG

That's very generous, thank you

Jx

Back
Top Bottom