Chief of Stuff
- 4 medium size potatoes
- Cayenne or chilli pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil (extra virgin if possible)
- Slice the potatoes into slices about 1/4 inch thick.
- Boil some water in a pan.
- Put the potatoes in for 5 minutes.
- Drain them and put them in a frying pan with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle the cayenne pepper on the potatoes and fry, turning occasionally and resprinkling.
This will serve 2 - 4 people as a side dish or a snack.
Eat the potatoes and decide to maybe not put so much cayenne on them next time. You will soon work out the exact size/number/thickness of potato to suit your frying pan: it’s best if they are about one layer deep for overall cooking. Those big old black iron pans are the best. Don’t listen to people who say you shouldn’t fry with extra virgin olive oil. Just make sure it does not get too hot and smoky.