supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Portico Quartet Tonight

TomMapfumo

Hi Mamos!

Hope you have a great night down there in Cornwallis. When I bought their recent CD I was so tempted as they also had it available on good quality Vinyl. Lovely stuff.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

OP
Mamos

Mamos

Should be good
We have seen them at this venue before and it is the perfect place for one of their gigs
They are one of the few jazz bands Jules will listen to so I will make a change to go to a gig together

mamos

OP
Mamos

Mamos

It was great to see Portico Quartet again although I was slightly disappointed with this years performance.

One of the reasons I think maybe that I am less familiar with their new album Isla and the gig consisted of mainly pieces from that album. It is the Isla tour after all.

Milo Fitzpatrick on bass was stunning as always the guy is one of the best bass players I have ever seen and he did not disappoint.

Jack Wyllie on saxes did not wow me in the same way de did last year. His playing on the whole was quite insular and he relied on a little too much electronic effects. It reminded me John Surman.

There were some moments of brilliance in his performance and a lot of it was very clever but it did not move me in the same way his playing normally does.

I will be seeing them again in July so i will swot up on their new stuff.

Still well worth going to see. 8/10

mamos

Top Bottom