MikeMilillo

Hello,
Something atonal I did on tenor sax.

Popeye on Shrooms.
http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/MikeMilillo

Last edited by a moderator:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Milillo, I see your not new to either the sax or recording. I have to say that it's not my "cup of tea" as they say, but you have a fantastic way with your sax, you sound very comfortable with it. Your tone, timing and control is superb and I enjoyed your recording. It was well put together. Thanks for posting it. I had a listen to some of your other recordings as well, you are a quality player.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Hi Milillo, I see your not new to either the sax or recording. I have to say that it's not my "cup of tea" as they say, but you have a fantastic way with your sax, you sound very comfortable with it. Your tone, timing and control is superb and I enjoyed your recording. It was well put together. Thanks for posting it. I had a listen to some of your other recordings as well, you are a quality player.
Taz- you're a glutton for punishment here- firstly my outing with Sandy Dillon, now this- we've been sent to challenge you with a barrage of musical weirdness :confused:

OP
M

MikeMilillo

Hey thanks man! Yeah, I understand about this not being your cup of tea. It's not for many. I happen to love it. In pieces like this I never play with a particular key in mind. I treat the saxophone as a whole, as in having a universal key which could be called atonal.

Sincere thanks!
Mike

Taz

Busking Oracle
Taz- you're a glutton for punishment here- firstly my outing with Sandy Dillon, now this- we've been sent to challenge you with a barrage of musical weirdness :confused:
Hey thanks man! Yeah, I understand about this not being your cup of tea. It's not for many.
Sincere thanks!
Mike
I do try to expand my horizons past the fence that I sit on, you know the one, it's firmly in the middle of the road! :)))

visionari1

Thanks Milillo:welldone
I thought the tone was......a tone to my liking. cruisy and meandering, very New York ish IMHO.

It's music like this which expands horizons if you let it (Taz)
although I've still to enjoy most of the avant guard...one day maybe!

Hmmm. I'll return and have a listen to your classical side!

G'day from NZ
Ciao
Jimu:mrcool

OP
M

MikeMilillo

Thanks Milillo:welldone
I thought the tone was......a tone to my liking. cruisy and meandering, very New York ish IMHO.

It's music like this which expands horizons if you let it (Taz)
although I've still to enjoy most of the avant guard...one day maybe!

Hmmm. I'll return and have a listen to your classical side!

G'day from NZ
Ciao
Jimu:mrcool
New York-ish? I lived in NYC for 39 years! Good call Jimu!
Yeah, I love the avant garde too. I don't really do much traditional music anymore, although I always love to listen to it.
I like jazz to take other directions. With this new year upon us, I'm really trying to make a conscious effort to curtail my vibrato. I think I've used it too much. I'll be trying!

Much thanks man!

Phil Edwards

Been listening to all your others compositions - I like them a lot. What/who are your influences, I'd like to find some similar stuff. Any suggestions?

Phil

OP
M

MikeMilillo

Been listening to all your others compositions - I like them a lot. What/who are your influences, I'd like to find some similar stuff. Any suggestions?

Phil
Hey thanks again Phil.....
I would have to say my influences in composition have been Frank Zappa and Edgard Varese.
In jazz, Charlie Parker, Ornette Coleman, etc....

I would suggest Zappa, Varese, Stravinksy, Boulez, Cage.
Charlie Parker, Ornette Coleman, John Coltrane, Eric Dolphy.

I think Zappa alone would keep you busy for the rest of your life....lol

Top Bottom