support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Poetry & Music

Sweet Dreamer

Ok, this is probably neither poetic nor musical, but it's a little homebrew song I thought I'd post. It's me trying to sing. I'm also tossing in the guitar licks here. No saxophone, sorry about that.

http://users.csonline.net/designer/music/poetry&music.mp3

Poetry & Music

Poetry and Music
Will lighten up your load
Gotta sing your lyrics
When you're rid'in down the road

Lighten up! Lighten up!
Don’t be down
Write em up! Write em up!
Sing out loud

Awake your soul
Let your feelings fill your mind
Set your worries free
Till your thoughts and rhythm combine

Let it sprout! Let it sprout!
Melodiously
Sing it out! Sing it out!
Set it free

Realize your Dream
In the lyrics that you write
It's your living stream
The winding river of your life

Let it flow! Let it flow!
It's your living spirit
Let it grow! Let it grow!
Let the whole world hear it!

Poetry and Music
Let your worries go
Poetry and Music
let the whole world know
Poetry and Music
Realize your dream
Poetry and Music
With a lyrical theme
Poetry and Music
set the world aglow
Poetry and Music
Let your spirit flow
Let your spirit flow
Let your spirit flow
- Let your spirit flow

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I can tell it should be working. However, it's just a link to an mp3 file. It doesn't go to a web page. So if you're computer isn't set up to automatically play mp3 files it might not work for you so easily. One option is to right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As..." or "Save Link As..." from the pop-up window. That should open a dialog box to save the mp3 file to your drive. Then you can play it from there in any mp3 software like Real Player.

I wasn't sure how to embed an mp3 player in a post.

Yeah, I got it. I think I was being thick. Loved it. What are you playing the rhythm on? It sounds like a nice instrument. Like me I guess you have trouble mickeying up a bass and some drums. Chuck those in and I think you've got a very decent song on your hands. No trumpet?
Keep at it,
Mike

Yeah, I got it. I think I was being thick. Loved it. What are you playing the rhythm on? It sounds like a nice instrument. Like me I guess you have trouble mickeying up a bass and some drums. Chuck those in and I think you've got a very decent song on your hands. No trumpet?
Keep at it,
Mike

I played the rhythm on a classical nylon string acoustical guitar. I put the lead in over that using a fender strat, but I plugged the guitar straight into the mixer. I think it would have sounded better if I had played it through the amp and recorded it with a mic.

I might put drums and bass in eventually. I just wrote this song two days ago so it's still in the rough. I'm going to try different things with it and see if I can lighten it up a bit. It sounds a bit morbid to me. (ha ha)

And yes, I might add another instrument for a short instrumental break. Maybe sax. I'm not sure yet. I'll have to try some different things. If I had a band I'd just get them to perform the whole thing, then I could just stick to writing the music and lyrics.