All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Poe Shine

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
A bluesy/swampy sort of thing. A simple phrase with the guitarist changing the end of each line. Interesting improvisational exercise to see if one can anticipate where he's going or play something that can fit more than a few possibilities.

DeadAudiolink Removed

Comments welcome

Mike

Nice set of opening triplets.
It's definitely a story telling piece. You play the sax as if you
were directly speaking to someone. This is not a common way to play with what today's standard of playing is
all about. Period playing comes to mind whenever I listen to your work. It brings me back to our musical roots. I think it's great while we are immersed within a world of technical dominance, here you are dividing it with real honesty.

Now how can period playing sound so damn refreshing? Yes, quite paradoxical...

Very well 'spoken' Wade!

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Story telling Hmmm! What all the best sax lines do no matter what the genre..Nice one Wade..

Chris..

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Thanks Chris and Mike. Hmm, the comment from Mike would have just as well been a comment I'd give you: "old fashioned sound but played in a very new manner/context that's telling a story". I guess we can relate to each other? Not sure that either of us resonate with someone who thinks it's only about playing standards, but that's more than OK. Somebody's got to be out there on the edge, even if it means falling off occasionally.

Cheers.

Top Bottom