All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Playing sax outside

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
How is that Gizmo thingy working for you outside?

OP
Janosax

Janosax

@s.mundi I zoomed on my iPhone but can’t see my wife sorry! :confused2:

@saxyjt that sound reflector works really really well. It’s like playing in front of a wall except middle and higher partials are mostly reflected. It even became necessary for me in those fields as there is absolutely no reverberation. It can certainly be really useful too for outside non amplified band, marching, gigs...

Jani

Yes! My brother is cleaning up our childhood home, which is in this ~2000ppl countryside. So fields after fields. I go and help him with the cleanup, just so I can make some noise without thinking neighbours.

InWalkedBud

While on vacation at a remote oceanside cabin last summer, I played my Zephyr alto standing on the dock, to the appreciation of harbour seals and the eagles overhead. It's been only indoor playing for me ever since.

saxyjt

Subscriber
I dream of embarking with a horn and blowing away in the middle of the night far off the coast... I'll probably do that one day, somewhere between France and Corsica or anywhere else in the middle of the Méditerranée! My true home. :cool:

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
I dream of embarking with a horn and blowing away in the middle of the night far off the coast... I'll probably do that one day, somewhere between France and Corsica or anywhere else in the middle of the Méditerranée! My true home. :cool:
Wait until it's foggy, more fun.

saxyjt

Subscriber
Wait until it's foggy, more fun.
Very true! But not easy to get in the med!

The other great time at sea is thunder storms. But that's not so great to combine with playing sax... Unless you just record it and play along afterwards! :eek:

ptg

Every once in a while my teacher and I go to a local high school and he gives me a lesson in the open field. I actually enjoy playing outside but that's just me.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
My husband does not appreciate my plan that “after he has gone” I plan to buy a VW camper van, and the Sax & I will drive all over Europe!

saxyjt

Subscriber
My husband does not appreciate my plan that “after he has gone” I plan to buy a VW camper van, and the Sax & I will drive all over Europe!
He may understand it as you being in for the sax!

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom