support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Piper yorkshire

piper

Locality
not important
Hi,
I joined this site just yesterday and already have had some really good feedback from a few people.

I have wanted to play the sax from 16 years old,finally started at 55.

I have been playing for 4 months and reading music is getting easier and although at a tricky

part where there seems to be too many notes to fit into my brain i am loving it.

looking around for a new teacher though glad i found this site it is interesting reading all

your posts to everyone.

bye

Welcome aboard!

We're nosey 'people' here, so look forward to finding out more about whether you play alto/tenor etc, what sort of music you like....!

As another relative beginner, you'll find lots of help and encouragement from all levels.

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Amanda

I play alto would like to play tenor eventually when im playing more easily i like all kinds of music dont know yet what kind of music ill play on sax

piper

;} Sounds just like me 2 years ago! Welcome aboard, you're in for a wonderful ride.

Hey Hey Piper ...

Good to meet you ...

Like you I am a late starter [to both reading music theory and playing an instrument] ...

I started about a year ago, but progress is good I feel [I am only 64 so not the oldest here] ... ;}

Check out videos on UTube and other such sites for a good range of differing styles of music ... :thumb:

Take your time and enjoy the ride mate ...

Hi Piper,
Welcome aboard, dive in and enjoy the fun :thumb:
I'm a late restarter ;}

John.

Welcome to the caff©, Piper.

Was it your ex music teacher who aimed his car straight at me this morning?

ENJOY!

Yorkshire Piper, that's what the cockneys call The Yorkshire Post.
Welcome.
Andrew

Hi Piper and welcome to the cafe:thumb:

Chris:sax:

Hi Piper!

A Big Welcome to Cafe Saxophone from The Skabertawe Late Starter Crew, down by yer in Wales, mind! Most late starters seem to want to play ballads, but the sky's your oyster. Stan Getz is a common hero once you get on to Tenor, with a Latin Vibe. What Tutor books are you using, if any? Useful for late starters are:

1. The Jazz Method for Alto Saxophone - John O'Neill.

2. Creative Saxophone - Kelly Santin.

Lots of the other tutor books are possible aimed more at the younger player, but can be enjoyable.
Kind regards
Tom

Welcome Piper. Another youth member, eh?
Spot on Andrew!
YC

thankyou for all your warm welcomes just read them trying to get used to how the site works so if my words appear in wrong boxes bear with me for a while

Welcome to the cafe :)

Reading your intro is like looking in the mirror for me, only i'm younger than you nah nah but not by much i add :)))

Enjoy your stay and your venture into saxland

Kev,
As the moderator, what are the chances of Braille?

Even if we did it, you wouldn't be able to read it... Jaws is a much better bet. A blind friend of mine uses it, and has no screen on her machine. Freaks me out to watch it.

Believe it or not, when I first started working in computers (no such thing as IT then), one of my colleagues was blind, and a brilliant programmer and bridge player. Super guy. He even managed to get things set up so that the mainframe printers could print braille... I kid you not. Couldn't be done easily today, as everything's done by laser.

Back
Top Bottom