support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Pink Selmer Mark VI

I had a 'Gunmetal Blue' alto in the 70s. These coloured horns look amazing but it's not lacquer as we know it Jim, it's a sort of paint and it scratches off rather easily. I had mine cleaned off and lacquered. I think it was a play on Selmer's part to get entire Bands to buy in the same colour, or rainbow sets perhaps!?:eek:

I've got a Venus sop that's a nicer shade of pink than that.

Well, I got it cheap, OK? (Makes a surprisingly nice sound considerng it was about £100 new). I might sell it on here sometime as I have a better one now.

Several years ago when I worked in the repair shop of a music store that was a Cannonball dealer we had a Cannonball alto that the factory experimented on trying to give it a copper plating. There was something wrong with the bath and it came out a light pink color. For years I watched as sweet little girls picked that "pretty" sax to rent to start out on only to see it come back a few months and traded for another sax because the other kids made fun of it. This was like 10 years ago. I wonder what ever happened to "Pinky".

Bryce, local tech, had a pink tenor Mk VI in last year. Certainly an odd look if you're not used to it

Horn was basically unplayed by owner (too embarrassed?) for many years before he died and rels were left to sell on

I didn't play the machine but a local musician (i.e. a proper one) gave it a blow while I was in the workshop.... sounded fantastic

It sold to someone who got Bryce to strip the paint

In many ways I regret not buying the sax to save it from being denuded

There an Ozzy saxophonist who plays one