All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Picked up the saxes again

ChrisB

Hi everyone,

I've just come back to my saxes after c. 10 years of not playing - and remembering how much I enjoyed it and determined to keep playing.

I used to do loads of big band & quartet playing back in my teens and 20's at school and college - playing bari (mainly) tenor and soprano. But then I moved to London to work, and finding bands to play with (and having time etc.) became so much harder - and I guess I got disheartened and gradually stopped playing. Then work, life, family etc... all sort of conspired to keep me away. Technique is actually coming back pretty quickly - but muscles and jazz theory / improv. knowledge & ability will take longer, I suspect.

But - having turned 40, and determined to get back some music in my life, I've come back to the sax playing fold. I've splashed out on some new kit (Yanagisawa 991 sop and 992 tenor - both VERY nice indeed), and an getting my bari serviced (an 1934 Conn Crossbar - lousy ergonomics but sounds FANTASTIC).

Happy to be getting back in the world of sax playing again.

Chris

Sunray

Hey Hey Mate ...

Welcome to the Cafe ...

Sounds like you have sorted out some really nice saxes there Chris ... :welldone

Good to meet you ... have loads of fun ... :w00t:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Chris

Welcome to the cafe, hope you enjoy being involved with us sax nutters, and best of luck with your sax revival...john

les3716

Hi Chris,

I love to hear peps returning to playing and finding the joy!

Keep her lit.

Les.

Two Voices

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the Cafe! You seem to have sorted yourself out some lovely saxophones! I'm trying to resist the urge of a Bari for while longer but its seems very hard! Lovely sounding instrument!

Good luck with getting back to your previous playing standard!

Happy blowing,

Paul

Saxholder Pro

Members online

No members online now.
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom