support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Pick up my new sax on Friday

Captain Clive

Currently in Brisbane for my stepdaughters wedding and decided to check out music stores. I had rented an alto sax last time I was on leave. It was a last minute thing and while I wanted a tenor the alto was only available. I rented as I wasn't sure if the sax was for me. Now I have decided that the sax is for me (OK I can't play but that's just a minor issue) I thought why not buy and return the rental and while I'm at it why not a tenor. To cut a long story short I spent a few pleasant hours in a dedicate brass & woodwind shop hidden away in the inner city suburbs. No fancy decor or displays, just 2 rooms and a workshop. No sales pitch, pressure or hard sell. I ended up buying a new Yani 901 tenor that I pick up on Friday. At 64 I guess it should see me out.

Now for the long drive back to Western Australia next week with my new sax. Will have to stop in the middle of nowhere and have a play.

Cheers Clive

Enjoy your new horn Clive :thumb:

Sounds like a great idea :)
I sometimes take my sax to work with me (cab driver) and park up at the Albert dock car park and play, early hours 2-3am :w00t:

Trimmy - Explains a lot about your replies anytime of the day/night :)

Good purchase Clive, with a drive that long should be fun. Here in Sydney, no matter where I drive, cant find a place to practice quietly even with the number of parks around.

Trimmy - Explains a lot about your replies anytime of the day/night :)

Good purchase Clive, with a drive that long should be fun. Here in Sydney, no matter where I drive, cant find a place to practice quietly even with the number of parks around.
It will be the same when the tourist season starts. Grey nomads in every rest area, huge caravans, noisy generators, blaring satellite TVs as they get away from it all. But this time around it will be just me, Bucky and the wildlife.

Cheers Clive

I didn't realise you could get Buckfast in Oz
We can get Buckfast in Oz but I much prefer Stones Green Ginger wine. Best drunk warmed up on the cylinder head of a R90S BMW watching the stars alongside a campfire. Alas the BMW went with my misguided youth now replaced with 4 wheels with aircon, cruise control, etc. Still enjoy the Stones.

Cheers Clive

We drove from Sydney to Perth with the kids at the beginning of last year. I smuggled my soprano into the back of the station wagon while my wife's attention was elsewhere. It was great having the horn along on the trip - got to play to the magpies and kookaburras one evening in a national park in South Australia (to rather than with...I don't think the birds were all that impressed), and the highlight was playing while standing on the roof of a houseboat cruising up the Murray, to the bemusement of passing waterskiers.
Would have been even better with a tenor, and a Yani to boot.

and the highlight was playing while standing on the roof of a houseboat cruising up the Murray, to the bemusement of passing waterskiers.
Would have been even better with a tenor, and a Yani to boot.

Ooo that sounds fun! I'm coming from NZ to spend a week on a Murray River houseboat in Oct this year. Might have to pack my tenor ...

Back
Top Bottom