Subscriptions and donations are given to special needs music education charities
Tutorials

Php....?

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Back to my role as Fat45 website monkey.. I've been told of this miraculous thing called PHP scripting (I've only just got my head round basic html).
specifically, I've been told that I can add a php script to a page which would act as an automatic gallery generator. Put a collection of images in a folder on the server and the script will sort out them appearing in a window on the 'gallery' page and scroll back/forward with arrows (auto resize and sort out proportions?). would this be messed up by adding further images at a later date?
can anyone shed light on this mysterious voodoo? sounds like it could be the answer to all my gallery problems... or is there an easier way?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Look at a content management system such as Joomla. Saves a lot of headaches and maintenance, also those guys look after the security you need to stop hackers using your site for nefarious pourposes.

half diminished

Back to my role as Fat45 website monkey.. I've been told of this miraculous thing called PHP scripting (I've only just got my head round basic html).
specifically, I've been told that I can add a php script to a page which would act as an automatic gallery generator. Put a collection of images in a folder on the server and the script will sort out them appearing in a window on the 'gallery' page and scroll back/forward with arrows (auto resize and sort out proportions?). would this be messed up by adding further images at a later date?
can anyone shed light on this mysterious voodoo? sounds like it could be the answer to all my gallery problems... or is there an easier way?
Firstly you need to check that you can run this script with your hosted provider. Sometime you need to request they 'upgrade' though I don't think there is usually a cost.

You could try Coppermine or Gallery. I personally have had issues with php and needed to get my bro' to help me with some php script.

I use Jalbum but it's not PHP script. Check out this page for other options.

OP
Jules

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
Firstly you need to check that you can run this script with your hosted provider. Sometime you need to request they 'upgrade' though I don't think there is usually a cost.

You could try Coppermine or Gallery. I personally have had issues with php and needed to get my bro' to help me with some php script.

I use Jalbum but it's not PHP script. Check out this page for other options.
Interesting. So programs like Jalbum and Coppermine can be used in a window on an existing design of webpage? There's no neccessity to use their graphic interface?

half diminished

Interesting. So programs like Jalbum and Coppermine can be used in a window on an existing design of webpage? There's no neccessity to use their graphic interface?
Correct. I never got to grip with Coppermine but that was because I wouldn't put the time in. I really like Jalbum and also add ons like Banana Album.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom