• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Phil-tone Solstice Mouthpiece for sale

Gallen

This mouthpiece is actually on trial by one of the cafe saxophone members, but I've put a thread to keep things transparent. £80.00, with 5% donation if the sale goes, if not I'll update the thread for the next person interested.

Hi Bodak,
I don't dislike it - it's just doesn't work for me - as with every other baffled mouthpiece I've tried :)

Last week I bought a Phil-Tone alto mouthpiece from eBay here in the UK. The model isn't marked but I believe it is the Solstice, having had some information from the maker, through information he gave me.

The Solstice used to be called the 'West Coast'. It (and mine) are low baffle mouthpieces, almost flat. It's got a great sound and plays very nicely. I prefer a bit more brightness and edge.

Rhys

It is Gallen's mouthpiece and he says he has a 0.071" tip opening. They are all custom made by Phil Engleman so the tip opening is a matter of individual choice. I have a 0.076" Solstice and this is also the default size if NO preference is made when ordering. When I posted I was making an assumption that it was default size. Hope this helps.

Regards
Tom

Hi Gallen,

I hope you don't mind answering a few questions for me, is the mouthpiece still on trial? or is it for sale?
And what condition is it in? Any photos?

I may be interested, I was wanting to try a smaller alto piece but was thinking of more a of meyer type, I'm a little confused about what the ”West Coast” school of sound is, so I'm doing a bit or research.

All the best,

Chris

Hey Chris,
Yes, the mouthpiece is actually on its way back to me, but I have someone else I need to contact next in line. It is near mint, I played it for only a few hours, if that. I'll try to get photos when it's back in my hands again.

Alvin

Back
Top Bottom