• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Phil Barone Mouthpiece, Jazz 6*, for Tenor

bariandyf

I have the following Tenor mouthpiece for sale. Only play tested.

Phil Barone, Jazz 6*, Brass Mouthpiece for Tenor, made in 2010, excellent condition, plays beautifully, great sound, free blowing.
I'm selling it as I've settled on an old Link. Photos available on request.
£160 GBP ($260 USD) - Mouthpiece only.

Price includes shipping first class post within the UK, international shipping extra.
Paypal accepted (using Personal payment, Gift).

Hi,

Do you know the size of the tip opening on it?

I gather its on of their darker ones. Did you get a feel for just how dark?

Thanks,

Hi Profusia
a 6* is a 0.95" tip opening. I usually play on a 7, and it feels about the same, I haven't measured it though.
On Phil Barone's website he describes it as his darkest mouthpiece, but it's in now way stuffy, I'd say it plays like a really good Otto Link STM, which is what the Jazz is based on. It has a great core to it, can get punchy when pushed that way, and play to a lovely subtone down low.
Steve Neff did a review of the Barone Jazz on his blog a while ago, and I'd say the description and sound clip will give you a good idea of how this piece plays.
http://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2010/03/barone-jazz-tenor-saxophone-mouthpiece/

I'm in Bedford, so you're welcome to come and try it if you like.
Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy,
Seriously tempting. I'm definitely looking to add a good dark mp to my small but growing collection.
I can't listen to sound clips at work but will do later today and will get back to you if you haven't already sold the piece.
Thanks,

If you're looking for a good dark piece then I think this will definitely fit the bill - let me know what you think when you've listened to the clips on the link I sent you.
cheers.

Hi Andy,
Yesterday was a bit manic but I've managed to follow your link and checked out the review and sound clip tonight.
I'm in 2 minds at the moment trying to balance my GAS for getting a dark mouthpiece against my sensible head saying I should develop my chops and playing skill a bit more first to make a more informed choice when I'm ready. The review didn't paint that dark a picture of the Jazz's tone but it certainluy sounded nice. I must admit I'd probably prefer a slightly wider tip opening as I'm mostly now playing an old Berg Larsen with a 110 tip.
I'll cogitate some more and may come back to you if it doesn't go.
Cheers,
Thomas

Back
Top Bottom