• Eligibility to post classifieds

The Yardsale is not intended for use by people joining the forum purely to sell an item, so members must have at least 40 posts to be eligible. However new members may post if they either:

• upgraded their account with an annual (not monthly) subscription. This is for access to sell without needing the 40 posts and the contribution after a successful sale still applies.
    • or pay the 5% contribution on the initial listing price up front (non refundable) then a listing will be allowed.

In either case please contact us if you are not yet able to posts

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Phil Barone Classic Tenor Gold Plated

Il Padrino

Photos:

Phil Barone Classic Tenor Gold Plated

This tenor has been my compatriot over the world for the last 5 years, it's with reluctance that I'm putting it up for sale. I've held off selling this sax until the end of my recent sales as it has been the closest to me for that 5 years, having replaced a Selmer back then.

It's the 'Classic' model, which is the more focussed model compared to the 'Vintage'. The latter is regarded as being more spread in its sound (a la Conn), where as the 'Classic' is more focussed, a la Selmer. In good condition considering its age and experience - see photo links above. There is some plate wearing in the usual places (lhs of sling hook area, rear of bell, near G-B top hole vents, left hand palm keys), but nothing serious as you'll see. Bow to neck engraving, mother of pearl thumb rest...NO WORK NEEDED, serviced recently by John Clark at The Woodwind Workshop in Manchester. Comes with a shaped case - see photos of case and main advert on Phil's site:

Gold-Plated Classic Tenor Saxophone - Gold-Plated Classic

The pros of this sax, in my opinion? Consistency of tone, from bottom Bb into the altissimo range. Lower end is particularly warm and solid, more so than any other tenor I've tried. It has a rounder sound to it than some vintage horns, yet has the benefit of being a modern horn in regards key work, similar to other Taiwanese saxes.

As ever, you're more than welcome to come and try it if you're local or fancy the drive. Any time of day suits, as I've a sound proofed studio. The latter is the reason I'm selling this and the other saxes, I've got to pay for it!

To buy new, with import taxes and shipping, you're looking at £1850.

I'm asking £1,149.

5% of fee to go to Pete's supported charity.

Any more info etc., feel free to contact me.

The first track, The Nearness Of You, is a recording with the above tenor. There's a brief solo after the first vocal head, with some playing around the vocal before and after. It gives you and idea of a sound achievable with this tenor. If you like this style of playing that is...

DeadAudiolink Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
£1,049.

Someone could be getting a very good Taiwanese horn, that is as good as any Mauriat or System 54.

and you couldn't buy from a more genuine guy.

Having recently bought a sax from this seller I can recommend him as a seller and I am sure the horn will be as described.

Jx

Looks like a very nice horn - it's a pity it is not a bit closer to me - and any way I have too many tenors for an alto player...

Greg S.

That made me LOL, as they say in cyberspace :) You have more tenors than altos according to your signature! If you get the chance in NZ to blow one of the Barones (alto or tenor), then do so Greg - you won't be disappointed.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom