All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Phat Sax: Calambre

h4yn0nnym0u5e

Café Supporter
First of two items I've put together while Phat Sax have been unable to meet. Most parts have been recorded using minimal equipment, generally a phone, and then sent to me via Dropbox for mixing. Few of us have recorded ourselves before, and I have no idea how many takes people needed, what their mic positioning was, or what the room acoustics were like. I'm inexperienced at mixing, and have chosen to keep the processing to a minimum (very little EQ, a bit of reverb, levels and panning), so it's perhaps more real than polished. But we've had fun, and though no replacement for playing together, I hope it's been educational for us, and that Cafe members will enjoy!

Player credits at the end of the video, shown where I put them in the stereo field.
View: https://youtu.be/bMCC7KRQWDw

h4yn0nnym0u5e

Café Supporter
Thanks Rhys. The pics are a bit biased towards me because my wife took most of them at various concerts - no one else seems to have any! The exception is the group shot at the end, on the first occasion I took the contra to a practice: I think about half the time was spent with people having a go...

h4yn0nnym0u5e

Café Supporter
Thanks Jeanette. The idea clearly didn't appeal to everyone, so I "only" got about 70% take-up in the group, but as you say, it's good to keep something going, even if it's obviously not the first preference, which is to be playing together. No one ever got anywhere by focussing on what they can't do...

Ivan

Undecided
Café Supporter
First of two items I've put together while Phat Sax have been unable to meet. Most parts have been recorded using minimal equipment, generally a phone, and then sent to me via Dropbox for mixing. Few of us have recorded ourselves before, and I have no idea how many takes people needed, what their mic positioning was, or what the room acoustics were like. I'm inexperienced at mixing, and have chosen to keep the processing to a minimum (very little EQ, a bit of reverb, levels and panning), so it's perhaps more real than polished. But we've had fun, and though no replacement for playing together, I hope it's been educational for us, and that Cafe members will enjoy!

Player credits at the end of the video, shown where I put them in the stereo field.
View: https://youtu.be/bMCC7KRQWDw
I thoroughly enjoyed that, and the mix is good enough to enjoy the warm low tones with the higher instruments overlaid

Congrats to all

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom