All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Pharoah Sanders - Genius or noodling? I can't decide.

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Café Supporter
Well, if it's an April Fool, then I'm an April Fool. I'm quite enjoying it, cans on, last bit of work before Easter, nice view out the window. I like the Orchestration and the hint at a bit of electronica and the way it builds.

It kind of reminds me of this, which is very different, but a great listen. The repeated phrase in the above is similar to below. Dave Sanborn plays some stunning stuff.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Dvz-FUCXI&list=OLAK5uy_lRdChQ6xTpJzyrAvlkKQZiaPicDdOcRwg&ab_channel=ClausOgermanOrchestra-Topic

AndyWhiteford

lol ,David, I don't THINK it's an April Fool post, but if it is, I've been had too ;-)
give it a listen, movement 6 is nice with the LSO strings more prominent.
[ & thanks for the video link, Halfers. ]

AndyWhiteford

mixed reviews:-

"The more I listen to this record the deeper and more alchemic the emotional reactions it provokes. The word masterpiece has been floated in the press and I think that's appropriate. Promises feels like a continuation of John Coltrane's spiritual and emotional legacy--a pupil of his lifting his heart and placing it firmly within the digital body. Sanders is peerless here. Bravo."

"This is what happens when you bring 3 disparate legends together. A synergy that transcends."

"reactivates dusty neural pathways. movement 6 opens the floodgates: bliss, rage, gratitude and sorrow simultaneously. a lifetime fave/touchstone!"

"I managed to bear 2 minutes of it. Sounded like the first time I took a sax out of its case and tried to play it."

:)

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Café Supporter
mixed reviews:-

"The more I listen to this record the deeper and more alchemic the emotional reactions it provokes. The word masterpiece has been floated in the press and I think that's appropriate. Promises feels like a continuation of John Coltrane's spiritual and emotional legacy--a pupil of his lifting his heart and placing it firmly within the digital body. Sanders is peerless here. Bravo."

"This is what happens when you bring 3 disparate legends together. A synergy that transcends."

"reactivates dusty neural pathways. movement 6 opens the floodgates: bliss, rage, gratitude and sorrow simultaneously. a lifetime fave/touchstone!"

"I managed to bear 2 minutes of it. Sounded like the first time I took a sax out of its case and tried to play it."

:)

And what would you add to the mix, Andy? :)

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom