All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Miscellaneous Percussion backing

dooce

I play in a trio - guitar, vocals, me on tenor - playing Great American Songbook favourites; works fine but the guitarist is not that happy about being the percussionist as well (i.e. his playing is the only thing that keeps a rhythm going) and wants some of that burden taking off his shoulders. We aren't about to go out and hire a drummer which would be total overkill for our style, and all we need is a snare and brushes - or an electronic equivalent.

I'm not much onto midi and Garageband and that stuff but I guess I could be if I knew where to start! All we want for our live work, ideally, is something that generates a variety of simple snare/brush sounds we could set the tempo for at the start, maybe a foot control for fills, turnarounds and endings, and just stop it when we want to, rather than have a pre-determined pre-recorded track.

Anyone got any ideas where I could start looking for that?

randulo

Playing alto 25 months
Subscriber
“The Robot Drummer that won’t Sleep with your Girl(boy) friend” by Randulo https://link.medium.com/G7hbywAlp3

It wasn't enough for me, but it might help you. The cool thing is that you step on a pedal for fills, so it's not just a repetitive beat.

OP
dooce

dooce

Excellent, thanks for that, just what I was looking for and I'll investigate further.

randulo

Playing alto 25 months
Subscriber
It's quite expensive IMO, I bought one and tried it out. If you're willing to pay that much, it would likely do what you want, is small and won't get drunk, although I seem to recall a "drunk" setting!

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom