All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Penlope

Chris

Well Known
Subscriber
Very easy listen Wade, more comfortable then " Modal Depression". You can let this one wash over you and enjoy..

Chris..

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Very easy listen Wade, more comfortable then " Modal Depression". You can let this one wash over you and enjoy..

Chris..
Yea, I didn't post Modal Depression on this site as I didn't think it would fit too well. As with you just trying to put out some new sounds not dependent on "standards" and let people see that it's more than OK to be in the present instead of locked into 60 year old tunes that would best appeal to retirement home residents.

Mike

Nice tune Wade. Lovely phrasing and tone as usual.

Personally, you should never try to judge what others may or may not think is appropriate in not presenting music.
Who is to say what fits where.......

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Nice tune Wade. Lovely phrasing and tone as usual.

Personally, you should never try to judge what others may or may not think is appropriate in not presenting music.
Who is to say what fits where.......
Hi Mike,

Well, we've gone around a lot of times on this subject. I know your point of view and respect it. Means that you create whatever you want and don't care what anyone else thinks.

In my own way I'm doing likewise, but see no reason to test anyone or insert my more angular attitudes on people who are less inclined towards experimental music. This can close doors more than open them.

There are certainly some fine musicians who hang out here, but the majority seem to be students who are being fed a strict diet of standards. Frankly I think it would be arrogant of me to push more abstract stuff here. Kind of like quoting Latin and obscure references to bolster one's own ego/position. I'm happy to let people explore the other tracks on soundcloud or soundclick. You certainly have an enormous catalogue of work in cyberspace that I have found most inspirational. Those are not posted here, as they are mostly not sax oriented, so not quite as appropriate. I don't see much difference.

Cheers,

Wade

Mike

The reasoning why I didn't present more of my work has nothing to do with any of it
being inappropriate!

Inappropriate? lol....Wade, you're too funny ma man!
(slowly walks out of the room jovially shaking head from side to side as to just hearing something comical)

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
The reasoning why I didn't present more of my work has nothing to do with any of it
being inappropriate!

Inappropriate? lol....Wade, you're too funny ma man!
(slowly walks out of the room jovially shaking head from side to side as to just hearing something comical)
So you think this is the right place to put up a lot of serial/atonal music that doesn't involve saxophones? How about posting a bunch of Country Western, or Chinese Opera? I've got a funny idea of what's appropriate? Hmmmmm

Mike

You've listed plenty of music which you personally deem as 'appropriate'. Your music
is not exactly flying off the shelves, which actually is a shame because you do offer another perspective.
Could it be that what you feel is appropriate may actually not be appropriate for a great number of
potential listeners on this forum? You can always count on Chris and myself for acknowledgement.
Although personally, I would love to hear you guys do more stuff off the cuff with sax or not. Gargle water or something.....Do my ears count? They're just two that I know of but I'm sure others may feel the same way. But in all honesty your music is in contrast to tradition so technically speaking, the way you're thinking is that your own music is actually inappropriate.

My whole point is you simply cannot self evaluate who is out there. Is it possible that some listen who never actually respond for whatever reason? Who knows why people post and why they don't. Cast your line and don't be concerned about reeling it in. The important thing is you cast it out if you have a desire to see if/when you get a bite and why did you get a bite, meaning for what reason.

Trend is something that should always be tampered with, in my opinion. Traditional jazz, or traditional anything is all about trend regardless of duration. Appropriate coincides with trend. These are only Independent music forums, which are not far removed from the days when we were in grade school and brought something to school for show and tell. Now what kid didn't appreciate something really bizarre presented at show and tell? I for one sure did!

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Good and valid points Mike. Will post the other "tune". Will be interesting to see what happens.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
I really liked this tune I found it very melodic and soothing and also very different from much of the sax stuff that's around these days, great ...john

Saxholder Pro

Staff online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom