support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Pearl flute continued

MLoosemore

Deluded Senior Member...
Locality
Spalding Lincs
and so the Lincoln concert orchestra gains another instrument.... :D

Re: Flute: Pearl PF-525RBE

Come and join me? I can only play one instrument at at time after all >:)

Untrue!

Many jazzers have played two instruments at once.

You really must try harder.

Untrue!

Many jazzers have played two instruments at once.

You really must try harder.

I've just got this mental image of OG kitted out as a one man band, drum on back contolled by one foot, harmonica and kazoo on a frame in front of his mouth, cymbals between elbow and body, both hands grasping his zimmer frame and no sax in sight.......

I've just got this mental image of OG kitted out as a one man band, drum on back contolled by one foot, harmonica and kazoo on a frame in front of his mouth, cymbals between elbow and body, both hands grasping his zimmer frame and no sax in sight.......

Your mind is working the same as mine this morning!

Admit, I have worn the one man band outfit and played it, not soooo many Christmases ago, when I played the Idiot Son of Mother Goose -

So OG, you are absolutely right - I had forgotten the experience and - yes I can play more than one instrument at a time - in this instance it was kettle drum, kazoo, tambourines strapped to my legs, a bicycle bell and a hooter horn! The song was My Old Man's A Dustman for those who might be vaguely interested, or not.

Now I need to go back to the thread What Other Instruments Do You Play and update my reply !

Given your recent experience Mel, you can play the Kazoo on just one instrument.... and not a Kazoo :)

Given your recent experience Mel, you can play the Kazoo on just one instrument.... and not a Kazoo :)

LOL you got me there - you mean I can play the kazoo on MORE than just the kazoo?

Hey, now there's a new talent for me to truly brag about! repeating it is the challenge - haven't been able to do it again since lol

LOL you got me there - you mean I can play the kazoo on MORE than just the kazoo?

Hey, now there's a new talent for me to truly brag about! repeating it is the challenge - haven't been able to do it again since lol

Have you tried Playing Kazoo this way ;)

95525 said:
I've just got this mental image of OG kitted out as a one man band, drum on back controlled by one foot, harmonica and kazoo on a frame in front of his mouth, cymbals between elbow and body, both hands grasping his zimmer frame and no sax in sight.......

Thread drift like this should be discouraged. Brass players are known to play trumpet and flügel at the same time, two woodwinds can be played and two keyboards are frequently played simultaneously. Not at all common with strings, whether fretted or not and then one must make a judgement on whether various forms of drums and cymbals are different instruments.

Perhaps the most disappointing point is that this was posted by a member who was criticising another member for drifting the Shankar thread in a humorous direction. I have no objection to having the Michael taken, I deserve it but might we have a little more consistency please?>:)

Thread drift like this should be discouraged. Brass players are known to play trumpet and flügel at the same time, two woodwinds can be played and two keyboards are frequently played simultaneously. Not at all common with strings, whether fretted or not and then one must make a judgement on whether various forms of drums and cymbals are different instruments.

Perhaps the most disappointing point is that this was posted by a member who was criticising another member for drifting the Shankar thread in a humorous direction. I have no objection to having the Michael taken, I deserve it but might we have a little more consistency please?>:)

So you're suggesting we should commemorate Ravi Shankar by bashing the BBC?

OK as one of the first major drifters in this controversy - please play nicely girls... It is Christmas after all and we all appreciated the virtuosity of Mr S.

On the contrary Kev, all I ask is for consistency. Take the mick out of me as much as you like, saves someone else, note how some nice person corrected the missing 'r' in 'controlled', removed the poster's name to save any form of embarrassment but the fact that the BBC dropped a cods, would have amused Shankar.

Maybe my attitude to old age natural death is different from yours as mine is not as far away as yours. If you make a joke about Aberfan, where youngsters died, it would be offensive and any reference to a BBC problem would be inappropriate.

Glückliches Weinachten Herr Kev unt ein erfolgreiches neues Jahr..

OG, as I said, I don't mind the drift and I've not stopped/censored unless it was inappropriate in the past. Just in that thread it was going too far in the wrong direction. Time and place for everything.

OG, as I said, I don't mind the drift and I've not stopped/censored unless it was inappropriate in the past. Just in that thread it was going too far in the wrong direction. Time and place for everything.

Pax vobiscum Kev but please refer to me in lower case as mine is on order. >:)