All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Paul Mauriat PMB302G baritone....Part exchange?

Paul Warner

As I have explained elsewhere, ill health has cut down on my playing and I am trying to `downsize`. This is a truly beautiful instrument made to special commission for me about two and a half years ago. I am not aware that there is another of these in the country! If you go the the Studio Saxophones website (Pete Scaddam got this for me) you will find a picture of me playing the actual instrument at, I think, the Plymouth Jazz Festival. The only other similar instrument that I know about is played by the guy in the World Saxophone Quartet, Hammett Blueitt, who endorses P.M. and recommended this sax to me personally
This is a B-flat model which makes it somewhat lighter and, more importantly, significantly more powerful, `zesty`, and characterful than most if not all low `A` models. There really is a difference in both sound and playability which you have to experience to understand. Only Mauriat now make such an instrument to the best of my knowledge.
Getting rid of this one is really going to hurt, believe me!
What I would like is to exchange this with a cash adjustment against, for example, a decent but lower quality instrument such as the Walstein.
This is a big opportunity for someone to significantly upgrade and improve their playing potential without the cost of a new instrument......and end up with what is virtually a new and very special instrument. There is some very minor and virtually unnoticeable scuffing where you would expect it (strap ring etc), but absolutely no dents or dings whatsoever!
Hopefully I will be able to upload pictures, but if there are problems, barisax-1.jpg barisax-2.jpg barisax-6.jpg barisax-9.jpg barisax-8.jpg barisax-4.jpg contact me with you e-mail address and I will send them directly to you.

rhysonsax

Hi Paul,

Looks great.

When you say "exchange this for a decent but lower quality instrument" are you only looking for a bari ?

Good luck

Rhys

rhysonsax

That`s what I was really thinking of, Rhys. What did you have in mind?
Cheers....Paul
If it's a bari you are after, then that narrows it down to two from my collection !
  • A superb reconditioned Conn crossbar 12M from 1931 but in new bright silver plate (low Bb)
  • A nice Buffet transitional SDA/S-1 in lacquer (low A)

These are both good professional horns, so the value would be more than the Walstein you mentioned.

If it's tenors, altos or sopranos then the list is a bit longer !

Rhys

Paul Warner

Very interesting Rhys.....what a collection! Let`s take this over to e-mail. As you probably recall I`m on photoartpaul@tiscali.co.uk .
Please let me know what you would consider for trade against the baris for starters.....and I could also be prepared to consider a tenor, so bung those in as well! The current sale value of my Mauriat is £2000, so I`m told.
Looking forward to hearing from you.....Paul

Taz

Busking Oracle
Cheers Paul, it was a pleasure to meet you and put a face to the name

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
Wow ya got a cracking horn there Rhy's.I knew you would jump on that horn.Looks a zillion dollars for sure,good choice.

rhysonsax

Wow ya got a cracking horn there Rhy's.I knew you would jump on that horn.Looks a zillion dollars for sure,good choice.
Not me but Taz. It certainly does look great.

At the moment I'm enjoying my new PPT bari mouthpiece on my Selmer, so that's some compensation for missing out on Paul's gorgeous looking Mauriat baritone.

Rhys

rhysonsax

A prototype I guess - hope it's as good as the tenor!
No, Pete has had the bari PPT out and for sale for a while. I played around with different ligs for a while and now I am really loving it. Definitely my number one bari piece.

Rhys

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom