Taming The Saxophone

M/Pieces - Ligs Passaround: D'Addario TENOR Select Jazz

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
D'Addario just released a new tenor piece.
Not many details are available, but the alto piece that we passed around when released, was really good.

Not a single piece is available in the UK yet, but we'll have an EU passaround with the first pieces reaching the British Isles.

Usual rules: use a patch, no ligature marks, ship it insured.
Passaround will start from London for logistic reasons.

Thanks to @Tom (D'Addario UK) for making this possible.
Here is what we know about the pieces: D'Addario Woodwinds : Product Detail : Select Jazz Tenor Saxophone Mouthpieces

Last edited:

sdt99

Subscriber
This is exciting news - I have the D'Addario clarinet and alto mouthpieces and they are excellent.

Unfortunately I've moved back to the US so the wrong side of the Atlantic for this passaround, but I will have to seek out and demo one of these and see how it compares to my phil-tone refaced link.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
I'm curious too. If possible...

Any idea about the tip opening ? Goes from D6M (.100) to D9M (.115)
We should have one each. In Link terms:
D6=7
D7=7*
D8=8
D9=8*
EU members will get last on the Passaround, we'll try to minimize shipping costs.

jonf

If it helps minimise the shipping costs, I can collect/drop off in central or South London, and I go pretty close to Young Col's residence every day so can pick up or drop off at his place.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
If it helps minimise the shipping costs, I can collect/drop off in central or South London, and I go pretty close to Young Col's residence every day so can pick up or drop off at his place.
Order can be adjusted for this sort of reasons, or to include pints.

Top Bottom